What size rim/tire for the winter?

Squabbin

Established Member
I just got my 04' terminator yesterday and now basically i'm looking for a winter tire/wheel setup for it. Question i got is what is a cheap rim that i should get that will clear the brakes and fit it. I was wondering if the regular 99-04' mustang GT wheels will fit? Any reccommendations you guys could offer other than, "buy a winter beater" or "dont drive it" would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
You can use the original rims (saving money), and order a set of Dunlop's M2s or M3s in 255/40R/17. They are a bit narrower than stock and don't snowshoe over the top of the muck. I have the M2s, and with the T/C off, I've had no problems last year, or so far this season.

Squabbin

Established Member
problem is i dont have the original rims, it came with some 18x9.5 2000 Cobra R wheels so thats pretty much out of the question. I was looking at some replica 99-2004 bullitt wheels on ebay. You think these would fit??

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
Squabbin said:
problem is i dont have the original rims, it came with some 18x9.5 2000 Cobra R wheels so thats pretty much out of the question. I was looking at some replica 99-2004 bullitt wheels on ebay. You think these would fit??

Don't think it is out of the question, it's just a matter of putting the right size on those rims. I was just suggesting a way to save hundreds of dollars...

Users who are viewing this thread