What size pulley and why..

another_hero

Established Member
Ok guys I just wanted to know what size pulley you went with and why. When I got my Cobra it had a 2.8 pulley on it...well thats what the seller told me. How can I check and see if that is true.

greengt88

Established Member
Yep get the tape measure out. Going smaller than a 2.76" will over spin the rotors in the blower. 2.8 seems about perfect. U should see 14-15lbs. Of boost. Anymore power and u need to port the eaton or step up to a whipple or kenne bell. Porting will get u some nice power. Expect around 500 w/ a pulley, port and tune, and exhaust. Going with a diff. Blower will cost around 7-8 grand. U need fuel system, and clutch upgrades to handle the power. Plus the cost of the blower and installing everything. Unless u do it urself.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Yep get the tape measure out. Going smaller than a 2.76" will over spin the rotors in the blower. 2.8 seems about perfect. U should see 14-15lbs. Of boost. Anymore power and u need to port the eaton or step up to a whipple or kenne bell. Porting will get u some nice power. Expect around 500 w/ a pulley, port and tune, and exhaust. Going with a diff. Blower will cost around 7-8 grand. U need fuel system, and clutch upgrades to handle the power. Plus the cost of the blower and installing everything. Unless u do it urself.

Im pretty sure your only going to see boost around 12.5lbs lbs. with a 2.8 pulley.

To the OP... Like said before, you need to watch how small of a pulley you install because you could over spin the stock eaton. Im running a 2.8. Your boost & power will be there but your adding a shit ton of more heat which is bad. Watch out for the upper/lower pulley combos too. Do your research first.

Users who are viewing this thread