What size Mickey Thompson Drag Radials do you run??

torchenvy

I e-brake all FWD cars!
Established Member
I want to buy a set of MT drag radials, but I don't know what size will fit on the back of my car (275 or 295), so I wanted to see what size people were running. I plan on running a 16" rim and I was hoping to use a factory mustang wheel to save some money. Does anyone know what factory mustang wheel would be good to use; I was thinking a '94-'95 Mustang GT wheel.

Any input is appreciated.

GodStang

Established Member
I am running 26x11.5x17 ET Streets on 17x9 rims and 315/35/R17s ET Street Radials on 17x10.5.

For a 16" rim I would recommend the 26x10.5x16.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
275's for my 17 inch stockers . . . and thats the radials . . .

this are just fine for the track, i couldn't spin them with 474 hp and stock clutch . . .

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I want to buy a set of MT drag radials, but I don't know what size will fit on the back of my car (275 or 295), so I wanted to see what size people were running. I plan on running a 16" rim and I was hoping to use a factory mustang wheel to save some money. Does anyone know what factory mustang wheel would be good to use; I was thinking a '94-'95 Mustang GT wheel.

Any input is appreciated.
You don't really say whether this is for the street or the track. :shrug: You're limited in 16" tires for the track to mainly MT ET Streets or Hoosier QTP's. The Hoosiers are superior here, but neither of them is really suitable for street use, although DOT approved.

For the street, you really only have one choice with MT drag radials and that's the 275 street radials. The 295 and 315's are going through some issues at the plant and probably won't be available for another few months.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
You don't really say whether this is for the street or the track. :shrug: You're limited in 16" tires for the track to mainly MT ET Streets or Hoosier QTP's. The Hoosiers are superior here, but neither of them is really suitable for street use, although DOT approved.

For the street, you really only have one choice with MT drag radials and that's the 275 street radials. The 295 and 315's are going through some issues at the plant and probably won't be available for another few months.

I think he meant to run at the track.. I don't know of any Cobra owner who would want to run the cheap 16" pony rim on the street.

To the OP.. I say 26x10.5x16

MustangThief

Established Member
I heard the new MT ET streets were like Nittos? More suitable for street driving and good tread life?

My nittos hook really well, and I tend to get 6-10k miles out of em.

With the new found power, thinking of switching to ET Streets, but I do drive my stang in the rain.

But, I've been running Nitto 555R's in the rain for 6+ years, and never had a problem.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I think he meant to run at the track.. I don't know of any Cobra owner who would want to run the cheap 16" pony rim on the street.

To the OP.. I say 26x10.5x16
Yeah, you're right......I should of used more deduction here :bash:

Well, I definately would not go drag radial for the track. Although some fellas have had decent success with them at the track, they are not optimal for our high torque, poorly weight distributed platform. Other than going full slick, going with one of the DOT "cheater" slicks below will give you your best chance of knocking down an optimal 60'.

The most popular are the ET Streets and they come in 3 sizes for 16" rims:

26X10.50-16 LT
26X11.50-16 LT - Most common
28X11.50-16 LT

The Hoosier Quick Time Pros are considered a superior tire at the track for those that have used both. Not a ton of useful variety for us here, but most run the 28 x 11.50's:

26 X 9.50-16 LT
28 X 11.50-16 LT
28 X 14.50-16 LT

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I run 275 40 17's on the stock 10th anniv. rim but I believe the 295 will fit also. Keep in mind though that the MT 275 is wider than the stock goodyear 275.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
I am running 26x11.5x17 ET Streets on 17x9 rims and 315/35/R17s ET Street Radials on 17x10.5.

For a 16" rim I would recommend the 26x10.5x16.

Are the MT ET street Radials 315/35/17s still on back order? I ordered some through Summitt racing back in November, the latest ship date they are quoting me is in April. In the mean time I had to get some Nitto DR's.

torchenvy

I e-brake all FWD cars!
Established Member

I plan to use these tires mainly at the track and the drive to and from. Why do you say they are not suitable for street use?

Users who are viewing this thread