What size and BS for weld RT's in the rear?

mustang addict

Established Member
Tryin to get this thing ready for some drag radials. Anybody have the info on what wheel specs I need for the rear with stock brakes?

Thanks in advance!

mustang addict

Established Member
Actually I was gonna take it to Buick vs Ford in Oklahoma. Very fun event that I usually take the true street car to but it's not ready this year.

sandlizard

Established Member
Is there any mustang club around Midland / Odessa that are active ?
Are you the one that bought the 13 DIB black strip ?

blacknlte

Established Member
Theres no Mustang clubs really, more like just a core group of guys that hang out and go to the track.

Ive taken my 2013 down Penwell a few times this year.

blacknlte

Established Member
The Weld RTS 15in will not fit the 2013, only way they will fit is to switch out the rear disc and caliper with at 2007-2012 set.

I be damn, look at all the Midland people on here:beer:

Hey Shawn, where were you at today? There was a mustang car show at the CAF.

dustin88lx

Established Member
The Weld RTS 15in will not fit the 2013, only way they will fit is to switch out the rear disc and caliper with at 2007-2012 set.

Currently what I am doing now...its super easy all you need is the caliper bracket and rotors for a 05-10 Mustang GT, along with the sway bar relocation bracket....and you reuse your existing calipers.A grand total of $200 for everything which will save you much more than trying to put a 17-18" rim on it at $600 a pop.

I found the caliper brackets on amazon for $24.99 a piece and the rotors you can buy from any parts store for roughly $40-50 a piece and the relo bracket kit typically is like $40.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Currently what I am doing now...its super easy all you need is the caliper bracket and rotors for a 05-10 Mustang GT, along with the sway bar relocation bracket....and you reuse your existing calipers.A grand total of $200 for everything which will save you much more than trying to put a 17-18" rim on it at $600 a pop.

I found the caliper brackets on amazon for $24.99 a piece and the rotors you can buy from any parts store for roughly $40-50 a piece and the relo bracket kit typically is like $40.

still sounds like to much work. I am getting lazier as I get older. I am interested in keeping the best stopping surface as possible.

I guess the best question is... What is the SMALLEST rim that will fit the stock rears, and what is the widest DR or slick that will fit it?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
still sounds like to much work. I am getting lazier as I get older. I am interested in keeping the best stopping surface as possible.

I guess the best question is... What is the SMALLEST rim that will fit the stock rears, and what is the widest DR or slick that will fit it?

Mineral had mounted 17 inch racestars with a 1/4 inch spacer with 305's I believe. you can probably go 315's.

sandlizard

Established Member
Mine is DIB with black stripes. Do I know you?

Not that i know of, you posted pics of your Shelby when it came in. I tried to order a 13 from Rogers but they didn't have anymore allocations. I have been a part of the Porsche Club here for a while, tracked the 08 Shelby a few times with them in the past. Looking for a group of guy to hang out with and maybe have a wrench day .

txviper

Established Member

Hey Shawn, where were you at today? There was a mustang car show at the CAF.

I was out of the country for a week and spent a few days resting. I wanted to go but didnt feel like standing out in the heat for a long time. How was it? Many cars?

Users who are viewing this thread