What should the direction in Iraq be?

What direction should be taken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Htown05

Established Member
SVTPerformance members, pretend like you can change history! You can add your opinion on the direction in Iraq. This is an important issue. What would your option be? If you have one that is not listed feel free to post it. :read:

My opinion is to close off borders, namely the east side were I think terrorist are filtering in through Iran. Then fight the terrorist in Iraq and then turn over power to Iraqi police after forces are built up.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
We can't even secure/close our own boarders what makes anyone think we can seal Iraq's? Good Idea though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
hard vote.

1) like was stated, we cant secure our own borders, let alone an entire country with land on all sides. Nice idea, but even if we somehow had the ability to create a 20ft wall 10ft deep all around Iraq we will still have insurgents inside continuing to recruit.

2) pretty much all we can do now. Iraq is a long term situation, i know and distinctly remember our guys saying it would only take months, but even then i knew theyre retarded. Were in it for the long haul

3) i would have loved this option in the very beginning. Had i been pres during 9/11 this is the way i would have went, just carpet-nuke the entire region, nuclear winter be damned.

4) NO. Crazy talk is that option number 4 is, because in a decade we will have to go through this all over again. Saddam should have been removed from power almost a decade and a half ago while we were there for desert storm, its a very distinct possibility that if a stable goverment was set in place years ago it could very well have made it more difficult for terrorists like al quaeda to setup attacks on the US as easily as they did.

Short term goal is getting iraq's goverment fully functional, and their troops battle ready, their infrastructure in place (police, fire, emergency), their power grid, water systems and schools in place, all of which is coming together, though youll never see any of those reports on the news, good news doesnt sell.

Long Term is Iraq pays us back for its sovereignty with Oil, and lots of filty ****ing oil. or refined, whatever works for us.

With Iraq settled we will have a base of operations for years to come to continue to press against the terrorists situated in the Middle East. The second we let up they will come back at us and onto american soil once again.

Skoalman

Banned
Nuke the entire area.
We can produce our own oil.

I'm fed up paying close to three bucks a gallon for gas already.
(And yes, I am familiar with OPEC).

Users who are viewing this thread