What should it run?

1QuickS2

Established Member
Well I just sold a mid 12 sec fox and bought a 96 Cobra With a CAI, x pipe, flowmaster, pro 5.0, alum driveshaft, 4.30 gears and a hand held tuner. It doesn't feel near as fast as the fox was. What should I expect out of this car at the track? Thanks!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Well I just sold a mid 12 sec fox and bought a 96 Cobra With a CAI, x pipe, flowmaster, pro 5.0, alum driveshaft, 4.30 gears and a hand held tuner. It doesn't feel near as fast as the fox was. What should I expect out of this car at the track? Thanks!

With a good launch I'd say 12's are possible. However since it's your first time going to the track with your new car I'd guess you'll run low-mid 13's. 105ish trap

VMC

Established Member
Assuming you'll run at least a drag radial. You should get into the low 13s first time out. On a perfect night, 12.99 is possible.

Any suspension work?

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
12's are very much possible with a good DR. Those mods and some tires should do it. Lots of guys here have done it. Well your coming from a Fox that has what feels like endless torque down low to a torqueless wonder lol, of course the Fox feels faster. Might even just be a little faster based on the times in your sig.

Congrats on the find. Why'd you sell the fox? Looks sick in the sig and nicely modified.

1QuickS2

Established Member
Thanks, I did really love the fox but I was ready for a change. I drove the fox to mustang week and realized its not good traveling. I want a car that rides good, runs good, that I can still get in and drive 10 hours if I want. Hopefully the cobra will do that for me. It needs some TLC but it should be pretty slick when Im done. I will post up some newer pics when Im done with it.

VMC

Established Member
Thanks, I did really love the fox but I was ready for a change. I drove the fox to mustang week and realized its not good traveling. I want a car that rides good, runs good, that I can still get in and drive 10 hours if I want. Hopefully the cobra will do that for me. It needs some TLC but it should be pretty slick when Im done. I will post up some newer pics when Im done with it.

4.30s are going to be real fun on the highway for 10 hours lol

1QuickS2

Established Member
I did some figures on that and at 75 with my tire size and a t-45 thats about 26-2700 rpms. Thats not to bad. The fox I had was turning 3300 at 80. Did that for 9 hours going to the beach and got 20mpg. I can deal haha.

Users who are viewing this thread