What should I say to the Judge?

TorchRed04GT

Established Member
I hae to go to court next week for a tickect i recieved recently. the ticket was for disreguarding atraffic control device. I rolled thru a turnaround when the light was red. I slowed down almost completly, it was just enough for me to shift into first gear. anyway the officer told me to take it to court if my record was clean, which it is and the judge will throw it away.

I was just wondering what i should tell the judge when i go there?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Dress in a suit. Clean shaving. As for leniency. State your clean record and that it was a mistake you have learned from and he wont see you in his court ever again.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
When he ask for your plea, say this.......

"Your Honor, am I allowed to plea Not Guilty by Reason of Mental Disease or Defect for a traffic offense?"

After he is done laughin, ask for a defered prosection or dismissal saying it was your first citation and you have already learned your lesson. Worse comes to worse, No contest.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
When he ask for your plea, say this.......

"Your Honor, am I allowed to plea Not Guilty by Reason of Mental Disease or Defect for a traffic offense?"

After he is done laughin, ask for a defered prosection or dismissal saying it was your first citation and you have already learned your lesson. Worse comes to worse, No contest.

lol.

STG

Banned
Dress in a suit. Clean shaving. As for leniency. State your clean record and that it was a mistake you have learned from and he wont see you in his court ever again.

I hate to disagree, but if the OP doesn't occasionally dress in a suit, he shouldn't wear one to court. Nothing is funnier than a sleaze bag defendant wearing a brand new J.C. Penny 3-piece. He looks just like a guy who's just finished a twenty year stretch in Folsom in his prison release suit.

If you're blue collar, wear nice clean pressed casual clothing. If you have tattoos wear a long sleeve shirt. If you carved a swastika in you forehead when you were hanging out with Charlie Manson, wear a paper bag.:dancenana:

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I hate to disagree, but if the OP doesn't occasionally dress in a suit, he shouldn't wear one to court. Nothing is funnier than a sleaze bag defendant wearing a brand new J.C. Penny 3-piece. He looks just like a guy who's just finished a twenty year stretch in Folsom in his prison release suit.

If you're blue collar, wear nice clean pressed casual clothing. If you have tattoos wear a long sleeve shirt. If you carved a swastika in you forehead when you were hanging out with Charlie Manson, wear a paper bag.:dancenana:

A scum will look like a scum bag no matter what he wears. I am sorry, I was assuming the OP isnt one. I am assuming the OP can actually pull off wearing a suit.

TorchRed04GT

Established Member
I already have my suit ready to go, and yes i can pull it off...lol I hope he sees my clean record and lets me off. because i dont want 3 points on my license..

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
What district court? If you follow the above advice, you have a good chance of receiving "impeding traffic" (zero points per SOS) instead of the original violation.

Users who are viewing this thread