what should i run

97SVTCOBRA1016

Established Member
i have a 97 cobra 4,6L DOHC. it has long tubes, o/r h pipe in flowmaster 40's,jlt cai, and i has some kind of chip in it. if i get 4.10's, drag radials and a custom tune what do you think i should run in the 1/4. i also eventully wanna do cams and heads or supercharge it.

blackfang

Established Member
First time at the track low to mid 13's. If you have experience I think you can pull 12.8's by the end of the night with good air and track prep.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
For sure mid 13's if you are a decent driver. But you should be able to hit 13.0 somewhere, if not lower.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I have decided tires are the best mod for good track times. I give up on my Eagle F1 GS-D3's! They won't even hook on the street on a hot day...and it's even worse at the track with gears. I now spin in 2nd and 3rd too. Drag radials will cut a good 3-5 tenths off of your time in these cars. I wish I had just ordered the Nitto 315's now! However I wouldn't be able to open track them and the F1's are decent on the rear for that. Although they did give out the faster I got at Hallett Motor Circuit last weekend.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
I have decided tires are the best mod for good track times.

i've only been screaming that for 4yrs now ;-) gears, tires, and spray are all these cars need :)

mystical

Established Member
Doug said:
i've only been screaming that for 4yrs now ;-) gears, tires, and spray are all these cars need :)

Spray...and/or Boost! :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread