What should I do?

GreenSnake

Established Member
I just took my car to get it inspected for the Maryland state inspection and I was told that there is frame damage. The car is otherwise fine and has almost 75000 miles. I have never had any problems with it while driving. I have been trying to sell it for a while and luckily I didn't since I had no idea of the damage. Should I part the car out or what? My other option is to re-register it in Georgia and keep it, but I am able to buy a newer car at this time.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
so if it has frame damage it most likely can be fixed for a couple hundred bucks at a body shop, they throw it on a maching and can get it fixed up and lined up farely close

what did they tell you?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Do you have subframe connectors? Is it just a matter of touching up a few welds or were you in an accident?

sc98cbra

Established Member
Most likely it is your lower radiator support? If I am correct it is very very easily fixed.

Just a guess because that tends to bend VERY easily on mustangs

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Just get it fixed and sell the car.

I had the equivalent of open heart surgery done on my frame ( had to have 0both front subframes replaced, thanks previous owner!). It sucked and I was freaking out over it at the time but looking back on it now I realize it wasn't a super huge deal.

GreenSnake

Established Member
I'm not really sure. I'm thinking it is the radiator support too. It was in an accident before I bought it, but had a clean title. I haven't taken it to a body shop. It was just a general garage so the guy might not have a clue. Everything lines up so who knows. Thanks for the responses guys.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I'm not really sure. I'm thinking it is the radiator support too. It was in an accident before I bought it, but had a clean title. I haven't taken it to a body shop. It was just a general garage so the guy might not have a clue. Everything lines up so who knows. Thanks for the responses guys.

Find out exactly where on the car this shop noticed the frame damage?

I dont understand why shops say/do certain things, but dont care to show or explain it to the customers.

Users who are viewing this thread