What should i do?

SVTcobra2

Established Member
Alright i used to have a 01 cobra, but due to many problems i began to have with it i traded it in on a 2007 GT. I love the car and am happy with it, but ive been thinking of a 03/04 vert. It also doesnt help that my friend has one(damn you Josh), but at the same time it will be my DD. Ive already put some light mods on the GT, but am thinking of just trying to go back to a cobra.

Here is the situation: Me and my dad pulled a $12000 loan for the GT over the cobra under his name(the Cobra was in my name). About a month later he paid the loan off and i am paying him instead of the loan company($250ish a month). On the side im tryng to save up some money for mods(so far:intake/tune and some other things), but wonder if i should just pull another small loan out for a cobra. For one, there is just something about owning a cobra over a GT as many know. Two, it will eliminate the need to save for F/I, body mods, and maybe even wheels since the cobra has everything i like pretty much. Three: Ive been wanting a vert for a while now and the 03/04 verts are the only ones i really like.

So, if i were to get a cobra i would have to pay $250 to my dad and whatever to the loan company. On the other hand, I wouldnt have to try to save for mods so that money could just be to pay for the Cobra.

Misfitflesh

Established Member
Sounds like maybe you would be getting yourself into a little too much. 250 plus whatever you pull out for the other loan (which is probably gonna be another few hundred)

Its your money and car so do whatever you want though man.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
i think i could handle it. im 19 and still live at home. i dont have to pay for too much(car/gas/ cell phone...and gf). pretty much i dont care about much else other than cars. its pretty much where all my money goes.

i just dont want to keep dropping money into this and still eventaully want a cobra.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Take that money you're considering "mod money" and use it to pay the GT off faster, get out of debt with your dad, THEN buy the Cobra. At least, that's what I would do.

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
I don't know your financial situation but it sounds like you'd be getting in over your head. 250 per month for the GT plus insurance isn't bad. But if you add in the payments on an financed 03/04 Cobra plus full coverage on it...Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

But once again, I don't know your financial situation.

canibus

Established Member
young mind. i use to think just like you.

fist off your dad payed off 12k and you're giving him 250 a month. wich means you'll be done paying him in 4 years. i'd smack you across the face if you made me that offer. you should be giving him 500 easy. he's definetly hooking you up.

second, why are you modding a GT? Sure you can get one pretty fast but what's the point. the urge for the cobra always wins. you're only going to sell it later and get it in the wazoo when the dealer tells you they can't give you more for mods.

the second loan thing is way out of the question. sorry if i offend you or if i'm being to harsh, but i only speak from experience.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
im not taking anything offensively. i really dont think i could afford my own place. even if i split it with someone it would be atleast $400 a month just for rent and then everything else on top of that. i KNOW i am not ready for that(maybe in about 2 years).

if i keep the GT it will have to be modded. i may try to pay than what i supposed to monthly, but its hard to if i dont have to(guess im immature).

oh yea and about getting a cobra and not getting anything for the mods...i know this because i traded my 01 cobra in. IF i were to get anther cobra i would sell the GT outright and then get a loan and buy the car.

the only things really stopping me right now are possible insurance prices, gas prices, and a personal problem im not gonna mention.

blueovalfan

Established Member
Maybe if you mow the yard and clean the house for a week daddy will buy you the whipple. Problem solved.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yeah, that is not a good decision. You should work on paying on what you currently owe until that's paid off. That will make you a more responsible person. There are too many people that thought the same way that you currently do about mortgages and now look where the US is. You shouldn't spend money that you don't have.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Better keep that pride tucked away or they'll pick you clean in smackdown.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
ive been here a while and know how it goes. i was just waiting for someone to say that. it seems like people love to give others crap on what they own here and yet most of the cobra owners here are pretty young.

if they send me to smack down and they try to pick me apart then good for them. i would hope they feel better about themselves for talking smack over the internet. im not trying to pick a fight, but i simply asked peoples opinions on the situation and not how they feel about what i own. if you have nothing to say about the original post then please take it elsewhere.

blueovalfan

Established Member
I wasnt going to try and pick you apart, but I got alot of freinds with well off families who think they "appreciate" the things they get. One car after another they tear them all up/run the piss out of them.

blueovalfan

Established Member
On a serious note just save up for the whipple, no 25k+ loan and comparable power to the cobra.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
im not gonna lie...my parents are somewhat lenient on the payments and pay for the insurance. i do however have to pay for the car. i ALWAYS pay for my own gas. i pay for anything i want for the car. hell, i even pay for most of my food since im with friends a lot when im not at work. i know i have no idea of the real world and not much to worry about, but as of now my parents give me a place to live, insurance, and clothes, but other than that i do it mostly out of my pocket. for example....i went down to Florida last week and they didn't give me a penny for anything.

my car is a 2007 Mustang GT. if i were to sell it i figure i would need $6kish(preferably less) to get into the cobra i want.

i also dont trash my cars. sure, ill drive them hard sometimes, but overall i take very good care of them. i sometimes wish i still had my old cobra. the reason i got rid of it were problems caused by a previous owner that i ended up facing. i went through 2 different shops(one being modular powerhouse) and like 6 oil changes in 500 miles...even spark plugs and everything i could till i figured it was a lost cause. got into the GT and am happy with it, but there is just something about a cobra.

oh yea and i apologize if i dont make much sense. i need to go to sleep. worked till 1am today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread