what should i do to my car?

bstr320

Established Member
I have a 01 gt wth some bolt ons(upper intake,cai,flow tips,dif.injectors).. what would be the cheapest,low matientance and most reliable thing to do to get around 500hp or 600hp? I want something that i can just have fun wth, but if i wanna run somebody i want to win:p .

bstr320

Established Member
Omg

DUDEs ALL ALREADY KNOW THAT... BUT SAYIN THAT SHIT AINT GONNA HELP..i some smrt peops to talk to

stangkid

Established Member
I would get new internals and then go twin turbo i think that would be the best way to see the numbers you are wanting.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Forged Internals and Turbo would be the best bet or a Kenne Bell. It's reliable once you have forged internals...just not cheap.

Whizzle

Established Member
SQ Stang said:
Forged Internals and Turbo would be the best bet or a Kenne Bell. It's reliable once you have forged internals...just not cheap.

:thumbsup:

bstr320

Established Member
SQ Stang said:
With factory stock block?? And what about my tranny, rear end and suspension

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I would do suspension mods, beef up the tranny(or buy a stronger one liek a tko 600) and then do the motor.

other wise, if u want some fun, get 373's, suspensions mods, and some spray.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
If you want numbers that high, a KB2.2 is the sc you need or a turbo setup. In either case you'll need to forge the entire rotating assembly. The tune on the car will be crucial in longevity. You could get there on N2O, but you'd need serious engine work to make as much HP off spray as possible. Stage 2 heads at a minimum,cams, Fox Lake P51 intake, more displacement and more compression. That should get you around 350 on the tires, possibly a little more depending on the exact setup, then you are a push of the button away.

What kind of budget are you working with? What kind of power adder are you serious about. Would you rather get there on motor? That is an aluminum 5.4 4valve option. ;-)

bstr320

Established Member
GR8WHITE said:
If you want numbers that high, a KB2.2 is the sc you need or a turbo setup. In either case you'll need to forge the entire rotating assembly. The tune on the car will be crucial in longevity. You could get there on N2O, but you'd need serious engine work to make as much HP off spray as possible. Stage 2 heads at a minimum,cams, Fox Lake P51 intake, more displacement and more compression. That should get you around 350 on the tires, possibly a little more depending on the exact setup, then you are a push of the button away.

What kind of budget are you working with? What kind of power adder are you serious about. Would you rather get there on motor? That is an aluminum 5.4 4valve option. ;-)

Well i'd say 10,000dollars at the most...soo idk whats possibel with that kind of money? well i'd like a cheaper setup soo either supercharger or turbos would either be fine....buti need to find somewherein the houston area to do all this for me or help me wth this...

crzgrksnake

Established Member
How much would it be to build the short block? Rods, pistions, crank all the stuff. I m interested cause i m planning on something the same as bstr

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I've seen a few places that list their forged GT shorblocks for around $3,000.00 The KB 2.2 kit is around $6,000.00 If you do the install yourself you'll be real close there. Could get 500ish on the tires that route. That is not touching the heads or cams, which if you want 500-600 RWHP you will have to change.

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
Your not getting that kinda power for 10K and be reliable. Just the bottom end and supercharger will cost 10K then you need a better tranny . I have about 13K in my motor counting the D-1SC.

Users who are viewing this thread