What should I do now?

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
So I got a speeding ticket last night (73 in a 55) going back home from school on highway 150 in NC and I have no clue what I should do next. It is my first ticket ever. I know I have to go to court, but what all do I need to do prior to, or the same day I go to court? Do I really need a lawyer?

I was given the ticket but I was never told how much the fine is and it doesn't say it anywhere on the ticket. I never signed anything either because the officer did not give me anything to sign. I was always cooperating; the officer was a cool guy, too. I just don't believe in fighting with an officer if I know I was doing something wrong. I guess I just need some advice for when the time comes to go to court.

Thanks

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Every state is different. But call the number on the ticket for the clerk of the court and they will tell you the fine amount and points. I would also ask what other options you have such as taking a drivers class and any other option to defer this.

One of our verified L.E.O.s is from N.C., fiveohpoepoe, he would probably have a more complete and accurate answer for you.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread