what should i do first?

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
my plans are to do a kb 2.8 AND take care of the rear end for the added power. problem is i have cash in hand for one or the other till this winter, then i will do the other. i will not be taking the car to the track and dont "launch" from stops.
so the question is,if i do the kb will the rear end hold up or is the kb just to much power? i know wheel hop is the killer, so aside from wheel hop will it be ok?

cobracide

Established Member
Wheel hop will kill your differential/axles. Prep out your car with better traction (wider rims/tires) and a diff cover (lpw) first.

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Wheel hop will kill your differential/axles. Prep out your car with better traction (wider rims/tires) and a diff cover (lpw) first.

I agree. I did my 2.3L whipple first and then my suspension and the brace in the rear. shortly after the rear started leaking and I ended up upgrading anyways. I would do the rear first and then full suspension then the T/S. I should of rebuilt my motor first as well since I had low compression but I didn't. Map out what your goals are and go from there.:beer:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
You can do the blower first if you're not going to the track with the car. I would do atleast the brace though.

Users who are viewing this thread