What shorty headers to use with Hellion Kit?

Blown98Snake

Sportin' a Mullet
Established Member
Just curious as to what anybody has used instead of the stock manifolds for the Hellion Kit. FRPP, JBA, etc?

red03dave

Established Member
John has said that he saw a loss in HP going from the manifolds to an aftermarket shorty I thought..... May want to ask or look into it.

Dave

Fast Willy

Established Member
if you really want to get into it, you can take a set of bassani mid lengths and turn them around and then with a little cutting and fitment those will work. but if you dont want to cut or modify then stay with stock manifolds.

Blown98Snake

Sportin' a Mullet
Established Member
Yeah, I'm going to send my exhaust manifolds and the turbo exhaust housing off to be ceramic coated. Thanks again!

TRBO VNM

LargeOrangeFont said:
Indeed. I plan on porting mine as well.

guess I am learning something. :D

my setup will change big time over winter. taking all hotside off and coating it and he exhaust housing as well. may even add some header wrap around the up-pipe.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
guess I am learning something. :D

my setup will change big time over winter. taking all hotside off and coating it and he exhaust housing as well. may even add some header wrap around the up-pipe.

You will notice a difference in spool up in just from the coating. Wrapping the uppipe will help as well. If you can, gasket match the manifolds and clean them up. It will be worth the effort. Doing stuff like this won't help so much with peak numbers as it will with the quick hit capability and spool up.

I would even coat the coldside tubing. It will keep the tubing cooler so it will transfer less heat to the air charge.

Ashley

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

LargeOrangeFont said:
You will notice a difference in spool up in just from the coating. Wrapping the uppipe will help as well. If you can, gasket match the manifolds and clean them up. It will be worth the effort. Doing stuff like this won't help so much with peak numbers as it will with the quick hit capability and spool up.

I would even coat the coldside tubing. It will keep the tubing cooler so it will transfer less heat to the air charge.

Ashley

I can coat the cold side not seen, but won't coat my shiny polished pipes in the engine bay. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread