What shocks should I go with??

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
I know what comes stock on our Ls, but is there something better out there?? I just wanted to know what you guys are running on your Lightnings. My dad bought a set of Edelbrock shocks for his vette and they are great. Thanks in advance. I didnt do a search because I know what they come with. I just wanted to get advice. Thanks a lot guys!!

Justin

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
I went with the strange adjustable shocks for the rear and adjustable QA 1's up front. The strange seem to work just fine for road driving and track driving. I havn't got a chance to try the QA 1's out yet cause they wont be here till thursday.

Vette Eater

Established Member
X2 on the Strange and the QA1's...I jsut got back from a 500+ mile road trip and had them set almost fulley stiff and it road better than stock...and my truck is slammed. You will also need to get the SOCAL shock extenders if you are lowered...Summit has the best price on the Strange and Paradise Racing has the ABSOLUTE best price on the QA1's

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Are shock extenders a necessity for extreme lowered rear trucks? I have hotchkis leafs and belltech shackles....with hotchkis bilsteins..

svtsilverback

Established Member
i would install some if i were you andy. read tim skeltons webpage. if i put my shackles back on when i install the wc control arms i am buying a set.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I have Doetsch Tech monotube 2.0. I have had them all summer. On the road course 3 times this summer and they seem to work well. I don't have shock extenders but these are custom shocks that were made for the suspension work I did. We'll see if they continue to hold up but as of right now I still like them.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Thanks guys. I found some nice shocks on JEGS that also lower the truck. I might go with them. They are around 40 dollars a piece. The Q1's are kinda outta my price range right now. Maybe down the line.....

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
How do shocks lower the truck?:dw:
Also in my opinion you get what you pay for with shocks. So with cheap shocks you will have a cheap ride and they probably won't last long. You never know though, let us know what you think after you get them and see how they do.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Go to summit and get the strange rear adjustable shocks. They are only like 70 or 80 bucks a peice and will give you the ride quality your looking for. Dont cheap out on the shocks man.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Vette Eater said:
X2 on the Strange and the QA1's...I jsut got back from a 500+ mile road trip and had them set almost fulley stiff and it road better than stock...and my truck is slammed. You will also need to get the SOCAL shock extenders if you are lowered...Summit has the best price on the Strange and Paradise Racing has the ABSOLUTE best price on the QA1's

i have the same setup!

just got it finished this weekend... ride is decent but im on setting 6 up front and 5 in the back... i need to stiffen it up a bit... but its definetly more solid...

and im slammed 3" upfront and 5" out back...

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
ACSVT said:
Are shock extenders a necessity for extreme lowered rear trucks? I have hotchkis leafs and belltech shackles....with hotchkis bilsteins..
I had to Andy, it made a world of difference with just my stock shocks. I am sure it will help with the upgraded ones i plan on for this winter

Josh1

Banned
I have had alittle bit of trouble with my rear QA1's. One is already broke and I have only have them for about 500 miles. I am in the process of buying a new one and sending the old one to be rebuilt by QA1 for free.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
My dad ordered me a set of Mono-Tube Gas Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks. The list price is 121.00 each, but he got a set off of eshocks.com for 64.95 each. Total price was 259.80 with free shipping. I am happpy.

Users who are viewing this thread