what shock/struts to go with on lowered car

00stang

Established Member
Ready to buy some new shocks and struts for my 01, it has h n r lowering springs on it and just wondering what everyone else uses. pretty sure it still has factory stuff still on it. Whats the best for the money?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm running Bilsteins. But I've heard good things about Konis and Tokicos. See which ones fit your budget.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

00stang

Established Member
I picked up a set of 03/04 Bilsteins with ~17k on them, I am lowered w/Eibach springs and they're great.

If you want to buy them new, they're the Bilstein HD's.

1999-2004 Ford Mustang Shocks, Mustang Struts at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

typical americanmuscle, out of stock.
summit shows 2 part # for the rear but both have same specs, any idea on which one to go with?
Bilstein 24-185974 - Bilstein Heavy-Duty Series Shocks and Struts - Application - SummitRacing.com

and
Bilstein 24-185356 - Bilstein Heavy-Duty Series Shocks and Struts - Application - SummitRacing.com

snakeraper11b

Established Member

Typical Americanmuscle? They have top notch customer service, FREE lightning fast delivery, & 6% discount for SVTP members.....Yeah theyre probably going to run out of stock, theyre not a multi-billion dollar operation like summit. They also usually restock in less than 5 days....If you want to spend $45 more from summit, go for it. But I would support americanmuscle and show a little appreciation. Also, try posting more often than just when you need advice or are selling something...:nonono:

00stang

Established Member
Typical Americanmuscle? They have top notch customer service, FREE lightning fast delivery, & 6% discount for SVTP members.....Yeah theyre probably going to run out of stock, theyre not a multi-billion dollar operation like summit. They also usually restock in less than 5 days....If you want to spend $45 more from summit, go for it. But I would support americanmuscle and show a little appreciation. Also, try posting more often than just when you need advice or are selling something...:nonono:

summit is actually cheaper on the fronts, and rears only $2 more. free delivery, but dont they charge you a handling fee? i have waited weeks for them to restock parts before...i have always like them just seem to always be out of stock. i do alot of business with summit because of my business and other cars. so about the same price, $10-$20 in shipping rather then wait a month from americanmuscle yea im going to pick summit..and sorry i dont have the time to sit on the internet all day posting on forums, im alot more involved in my local forum...but thanks for the useful post.. get a life and dont whore my thread :bash:

01yellercobra

Established Member
what bilsteins did you go with?

they work good for a lowered car?

They're a set of 03/04 take offs. The good thing is they can be rebuilt by Bilstein for less then half the price of new and then they have the full warranty. I'm lowered a little more then 1.5". I'm using cut 04 springs. I don't have a problem with them.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

snakeraper11b

Established Member
summit is actually cheaper on the fronts, and rears only $2 more. free delivery, but dont they charge you a handling fee? i have waited weeks for them to restock parts before...i have always like them just seem to always be out of stock. i do alot of business with summit because of my business and other cars. so about the same price, $10-$20 in shipping rather then wait a month from americanmuscle yea im going to pick summit..and sorry i dont have the time to sit on the internet all day posting on forums, im alot more involved in my local forum...but thanks for the useful post.. get a life and dont whore my thread :bash:

Typical defensive tool. Blow the extra $55, its your money. Don't ask for advice then stain your panties when you hear something you don't like.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
what bilsteins did you go with?

I have the HD's on my '99 cobra. The race car has MM 2 Race valved struts and '00 Cobra R shocks.

Lots of 03/04 cobra owners lower their cars and never swap shocks/struts.

Best for the $$, low mile 03/04 Bilstein takeoffs.

00stang

Established Member
Typical defensive tool. Blow the extra $55, its your money. Don't ask for advice then stain your panties when you hear something you don't like.

wow lol...who made a meaningless post that had nothing to do with the topic bc they read something they didnt like? and you wonder why people dont post more? people like you...

DOHCTER

Shop Smart.. Shop S-Mart
Established Member
i have eibach pro springs and 03 coupe struts/shocks, they work perfectly together. id suggest looking set of those in coupe or vert format.

Users who are viewing this thread