What sensor is this and where does it go?

CobraMac

Established Member
So I was wiping down the engine bay and saw an extra wiring line in the fenderwall by the intake pipe and MAF housing and am trying to figure out what it is and where it should go. I saw the IAT thread and am thinking it might be an IAT sensor but wasn't sure. If you guys could help Identify what sensor it is and where it should go that would be great!! Thanks in advance guys!

This is where I found it (circled in red obviously haha)
DSCN0689.jpg

This is what the sensor looks like
DSCN0690.jpg

And this is it sticking out of the fender hole....it's zip-tied to the other harness you see in there
DSCN0694.jpg

Sharkster

Established Member
IAT1 and your tuner may have turned it off in the tune.
When I had my TT car it was disabled and we let it hang in the fender well with a bag and zip tie on it

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
my tuner said that he didnt have to have the iat2. He could tune it off the 1 iat by the throttle body. That make sense? Also he said if you have a BA5000 slot style mass air it has a built in one.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
my tuner said that he didnt have to have the iat2. He could tune it off the 1 iat by the throttle body. That make sense? Also he said if you have a BA5000 slot style mass air it has a built in one.

No you need or should tune based off the second one. The IAT2 is what adjust timing and so forth.

OP you are fine to leave it the way it is, thats how I have mine. I just have it next to the airfilter, in the even it bugs you either have it disabled and unplug it or install it AT THE AIRFILTER or on the TURBO INLET(INTAKE.)

The OP as seen in the picture has a HPX Slot meter which DOES have a built in temp sensor but it must be wired/pinned in for it to work.

Last edited:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I have read and heard that the IAT1 sensor is only used to make a temp differance reading between it and the IAT2 sensor to turn on the supercharger coolant pump. Not sure how correct that is.

I have been talking to my tunner and he is going to place it in the end on the air filter. I am also going to run a IAT2 so I can keep an eye on the charge temps. I would rather use the sensors then just disable them.

Users who are viewing this thread