what rpms do you guys shift at

lowone06

tanked up
Established Member
what rpms do you guys shift at last summer at the track i shifted at 6200 but before i put my car up last fall i was playing with it and on the bottle i shifted at 7000 and it was still pulling i just wonder what you guys shifted at

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
go make a pull on a dyno, see where the power runs out at. no need to over rev ya motor if its not helping

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
I have an SCT tuned 96 Cobra with a V2 SQ blower. When my car was tuned on the dyno I found out that my car stopped making power around 6000 rpm. Does this sound right?? Or do you think this could have to do with my tune??:shrug:

My94GT

Established Member
right befor the rev limiter, though somethimes when i powershift i hit it for a split second. i try to keep that to a minimal as i always cringe when i hear it

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
Even if you stop makinking power at 6k the extra rpm will give you the advantage because if you can wait till you opponet shifts you have the edge. You power only drops slightly between 6k to 7k.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I have an SCT tuned 96 Cobra with a V2 SQ blower. When my car was tuned on the dyno I found out that my car stopped making power around 6000 rpm. Does this sound right?? Or do you think this could have to do with my tune??:shrug:

Are you still on stock internals? If so the tuner may be trying to make the engine live a bit longer.

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
Are you still on stock internals? If so the tuner may be trying to make the engine live a bit longer.

Yes, I am. When I went to get it tuned I told them I wanted a safe tune on my car. Could this be the reason my car is decreasing in power after 6,000 rpm? Is it possible it is in the tune?

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
I work it out during the 3 runs before the chalk. Seems most times we end up pushing it to red line anyway. If they do not shift and you do....all being equal they win.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
well, when i dynoed my slow junk, it stopped making power at 5200rpm. so, im gonna save wear and tear on the rotating assy. and shift there. but then again, when i was younger (in my v6), i sat in the car and shifted at 0000rpm... since it wasnt running... lmao

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread