What rpm to cruise and shift at?

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
Purchased the car yesterday. Shift arrow comes on at 1700-1800 rpm? seems a bit early?? I know normally cars like to cruise at 2500 and shift at 3k

What rpm do i cruise at and shift at for NORMAL commuter daily driver...lol yes conservative

Thanks guys!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Purchased the car yesterday. Shift arrow comes on at 1700-1800 rpm? seems a bit early?? I know normally cars like to cruise at 2500 and shift at 3k

What rpm do i cruise at and shift at for NORMAL commuter daily driver...lol yes conservative

Thanks guys!

SORRY! No forum advice until you post pics!

J/K

Normal driving I usually shift in the low to mid 2's. Don't try to be careful and shift slowly either, because you might get a little 1-2 grind, especially when the tranny is cold. Just do nice quick shifts. I've got the Shelby shifter and I love it.

G/L

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
I've been trying to play around with the control settings how to change the backround apperance of the tach lighting and the SVT shift light..The 3 buttons INFO,SETTINGS,RESET keep confusing me lol

Also, My shaker 1000 has a phone symbol on it. Am i able to program my phone for bluetooth? when i press the buttom it displays "no phone" on the text of the headunit..

will post pictures very soon! :)

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
SORRY! No forum advice until you post pics!

J/K

Normal driving I usually shift in the low to mid 2's. Don't try to be careful and shift slowly either, because you might get a little 1-2 grind, especially when the tranny is cold. Just do nice quick shifts. I've got the Shelby shifter and I love it.

G/L

Thanks for the advice buddy, What is the shelby shifter?

6-Speed

Established Member
The shift alert (up arrow) on the speedometer indicates when to shift for best economy; it is not adjustable like the SVT lite on the tach. I have learned to ignore it altogether and shift by sound.

sharke

Established Member
I shift just above 2k. The gas mileage in Miami drops quickly if I let it ride. I know its not saving that much gasoline and if I wanted mileage I should have gotten a different car, but it doesn't cost anything extra to shift low on my commute.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Once warmed up I shift around 25-2800/by sound.

Cruise either side of 2k in 5th or 6th gear depending on conditions.

svt1111

Established Member
I'm more of a 28-30 kind of guy. Then again
I'm rolling with 3:73's

Awe, me too, but with 4:10's its too temtping to blip the throttle and haze the tires before grabbing the next gear!

I miss my car, been in hibernation for a month and a half now!

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Awe, me too, but with 4:10's its too temtping to blip the throttle and haze the tires before grabbing the next gear!

I miss my car, been in hibernation for a month and a half now!

Ya, my girl is sleeping too...........But I just go into the garage
and say hello..........lol

svt1111

Established Member
Ya, my girl is sleeping too...........But I just go into the garage
and say hello..........lol

I know what you mean. I get home from 40+ straight hours of plowing, get out of my salt covered truck, and walk past my nice, shiny, GT500 in the garage on my way into the house. I always stop and stare at it. Kinda gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling :rockon:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I know what you mean. I get home from 40+ straight hours of plowing, get out of my salt covered truck, and walk past my nice, shiny, GT500 in the garage on my way into the house. I always stop and stare at it. Kinda gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling :rockon:

Re:Snow plowing- I had 40 of my guys out working for 40/50 hours
straight (@ time n half.) They ALL had a great Christmas...lol...

Just for kicks I was waxing my girl the other night when it was
20 degrees outside. Just me her and some Ozzy playing:D

Users who are viewing this thread