what rims clear brembos

Icecold

Established Member
So just bought a 96 cobra... don't know a lot about it due to its at a dealership and the person that traded it in built it and the dealer doesn't know what they are talking about. Anyways from what I can tell is it has headers, cams, nos, brembo brakes in the front, shocks/struts with lowering springs, and they said the engine was rebuilt. how much of it was idk or with forged idk it also I think has 410s maybe doing 60mph its around 2700 rpm I think cant remember. Anyways that's enough about the car. It has god awful wheels on it. Im looking to make a real clean car but im not sure what rims clear the brembo brakes. Do the saleens ? or the cruising concepts deep dish cobra rims clear ? If not could I just use spacers for the front if so how much?
Also help with tire sizes. I like old school beefier rear tires but im not a tire expert at all. 295/35/18s look too rubber bandish if you know what I mean but I don't want beefy front tires so the 245 or 275/45/18s are fine. was thinking of 295/45/18 but not sure if that would be too much. Should I just do 17s?

Thanks for the help/info.

Car looks like this

T2eC16FygE9s7HHg1pBRB8nrnu848_20.jpg

SpittingCobra

Established Member
No spacer on the front, regular offset puts the wheels flush with fender (or even past in my case). I would run a Saleen replica or 18" 03' Cobra wheel with 265 front 295 rear. The 315-335 do not fit well on 10" or even 10.5" wheels, I've run both and it doesn't work well IMO and you don't get the contact patch you should, in retrospect I see it as wasted money now.. 295 35 definitely doesn't look like a "rubber band" ...

Your tire sizes are all off for this car.. Your overall diameter will be much too big if you chose those sizes.

Last edited:

Icecold

Established Member
Sorry yes I did screw up with the front tire specs was thinking 17s in my head not 18s anyways ... I do still think that the 295 35 18 aren't beefy enough the 265 35 18 fronts are perfect but would like more for the rear ... what is regular offset +30mm ? So they would clear the brembo brakes then? Sorry for all the questions but from what ive all looked at there isn't really a post that says what rims will clear and in all the wheel pic posts ive looked at no one puts if they have big brakes or not.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread