What Redline do those of you with a TVS and Oil Pump Gears Run?

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I was just curious what everyone is running for their redline who has a TVS or similar style blower in a stock Coyote Engine. Obviously higher RPM is less safe on the engine, but I was wondering what a safe range might be? I have a Billeted Oil Pump & Gear as well as a Billeted Crankshaft gear as supporting mods. I do realize there's no such thing as a "safe" range since anything could fail at any time, but I was wondering what a ballpark limit would be with this setup.

I was thinking of running my tune with a 7700RPM hard limit so I'd be able to shift around 7500 while racing... at least I've seen a lot of dyno's top out at around that value. At what point or RPM are stock internals of a Coyote going to be dangerously stressed? Additionally, how many RPM do the stock Timing Chain Tensioners support up to? I kind of wish I would have installed the Boss tensioners when I was doing the TVS and Oil Pump install, but I'm not opposed to adding them down the road if it's need to run these kinds of RPMs.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Keep your hard limit and shift lower, 7200-7300 maybe even lower idk. The coyote rods are the weak point so don't rev to the moon while making huge power and you will be ok.

stangn

Established Member
Shifted my whipple stock motor at 7400 for over a year. Just built motor and internals all looked perfect when removed.

vortecd

Established Member
I've been 132mph at the track and only spin mine to 7,000

Users who are viewing this thread