-What reaction does your Cobra get when your driving around ?-

Tremor

NO MERCY
Just wanted to know what reaction you get when you drive your Cobra.:beer:

I’m here In Los Angeles, and when I run into a Terminator I usually get a thumbs up. By far 03/04 Cobra owners have giving me thumbs up vs. any other mustang body.

But for some reason GT owners are the ones that always want to race me. Then this happens to them :burn:

Thats pretty much the reaction I get over here.

What about you ? :pop:

red9450

Established Member
I get a lot more looks and thumbs ups in the new car, being that its 2-tone, than the old white one with the ghost flames. The new car stands out a lot more.

bigj

Established Member
ricers and mustang gt's just act like hard asses then i whoop up on them. other cobra owners and higher end sports cars usually wave.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Local Cobras and some GTs (1 fox included) wave. I get thumbs up from people walking the sidewalks sometime and lots of dirty looks because of the noise (yelled to slowdown when im still 10mph under the limit)

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I don't know, seems like my cars always broken.

haha i feel the same way.....but when i do drive it its like since its loud and sounds mean people are always staring, giving thumbs up, or they drive an audi and wanna get owned. Then i hit the gas, the Big Red race bypass screams and their mouth drops. its very fun to drive :)

Sun Devil Cobra

Established Member
To be quite honest, I have never gotten a thumbs up or anything. I think people believe that I'm driving an ordinary Mustang! :fm:

My car is in pristine condition, too. 56K miles, and the paint looks tremendous! I don't get it. :shrug: Not to mention that my Cobra is LOUD!

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
+1 on GT's always wanting to race, particularily the 05 and higher. Reactions.. always get looks, alot of folks like to start a convo and compliment when at stop lights, rolling through parking lots or drive thru's. I always pay respects to other mustang owners of any sort when they drive by as well... its like the unspoken respectible quick rev of the engine, or casual head nod, or wave. This will be my classic in 30 years.

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
Local Cobras and some GTs (1 fox included) wave. I get thumbs up from people walking the sidewalks sometime and lots of dirty looks because of the noise (yelled to slowdown when im still 10mph under the limit)

lol i have the same problem.. ppl always saying slow down. an im like wtf im not even going fast lol..

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
nobody says anything, ever. The car generates zero attention of any sort. No looks, glances whatever.

I don't wave or flash lights, or do any of that nonsense either.

red9450

Established Member
I don't have a terminator, but my car is washed 2x a week and is kept in really pristine condition, so I get a lot of stares.

I have to call:bs:. You should have quit while you were ahead. Anyone that doesn't have a terminator will get zero stares or thumbs ups. LOL:lol:

Just playin man.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Meh, usually nothing much. I live in the middle of NASCAR heaven, so everyone around here has a new or old hot rod of some sort. Every now and then I will get a reaction out of someone...

Several months ago, I was out in the 99 on night. I ran it from one redlight to another in 1st gear with the ProCharger and the Flows screaming at about 6k. As I sat at the redlight, the turning lane to my left got the green arrow. A lady pulled up next to me in her Chevy truck and screamed, "That sounds f***ing AWESOME!!!!" as people were honking at her to keep moving.

LOL, that put a good smile on my face for a couple of hours.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I am really getting tired of people asking me if my Cobra has a supercharger and then I have to tell them the bad news that it doesn't....sorry this is an 01', the model before the supercharger.

Predatorbird

Established Member
my car always turns heads and i get the occasional wave only from mustangs that are modded. the head turn is probably the biggest compliment to me when they are going the same direction and they can't keep their eyes off my car.

97cobra1

Established Member
my car always turns heads and i get the occasional wave only from mustangs that are modded. the head turn is probably the biggest compliment to me when they are going the same direction and they can't keep their eyes off my car.

That mostly what i get. Or the occasional kid at the drive through asking me about it. I live in an area packed with old muscle cars too, so i don't expect much attention, even though i do get quite a bit of it. It's funny to watch people on the other side of the road break their necks to see what's going by too. (Pretty big median separating traffic directions where i live and my cars pretty loud.)

Users who are viewing this thread