What radiator fan setup are u guys running?

cobrarob2345

Established Member
any help would be appreciated. would this even be worth doing if I have original equipment that is working ok

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Why do you want to run a different fan? The factory fan works awesome.

Attaus

Established Member
I have the factory fan and factory style radiator with a KB in Arizona. I don't think it's really needed TBH.

cobrarob2345

Established Member
i see my temps creep up over half way slightly but then will come down when the fan turns on. Just wanna make sure that I do all the preventative maintenance possible

ZeroDCX

Established Member
If you think a 97+ style cooling system is bad, try owning a 96 pre-cooling tsb in hot weather. Your setup is excellent. If you're really concerned datalog your car to see what true temps are while driving.

GRUSE

Established Member
Do you have a hand held tuner? SCT,Diablo or Sniper tuner can have the fan come on at a lower temp.Another way to have the fan on is to turn AC to max set the temperature dial where ever you are comfortable,the high speed fan will run continuously.If you get a new tuner from AM or Bamma,I herd they turn off all user controls so they will have to set it up with an email tune.Not sure if that true,a call to them will clarify.

Martin6107

Established Member
96 Cobra with 97 fan update, ford stock thermostat and 2003 Cobra aluminum radiator. Never gets above 'R' in traffic even on hot days.

Users who are viewing this thread