What r the symptoms of an intake maniflod leak??

acer5

Established Member
I want to know what the symptoms could be because my car has the cel that r running too lean on bank 1 and 2 and now my car is getting air into the coolant system causing pressure build up and i was wondering if an intake manifold leak could cause this?:shrug:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The intake manifolds have no openings to the cooling system that I recall. I would suspect and erratic idle and/or a loud hissing noise from the leak. Why do you suspect its the intake manifold leaking? Are you sure maybe both your o2s aren't bad?

CSVT5416

Established Member
First. I'd swap the manifold gaskets. Easy job to do. Then I'd go grab a new thermostat. And see what that gets you here's my recent intake gasket job
y5yjuvas.jpg

bhiggs89

Established Member
Does the oil look like it has coolant in it? Could be a head gasket, although its not real common on these cars.

As mention the intake has nothing to do with the coolant, but an intake leak would cause a high idle.

acer5

Established Member
The oil has no signs of water in it... i was thinking a head gasket also but there are no signs of that so i ruled it out but i dont know any other place that would cause air to be getting in my coolant system. Realize this started occurring right after i replaced my waterpump. could air be getting in through there if its not installed tight enough??

bhiggs89

Established Member
You would have a leak if the water pump wasn't tight enough.

Did you burp the system after the install?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

acer5

Established Member
ok well there is no leak at all. and yes i have burped it several times but as soon as the cap is put back on the pressure builds up inside then the car heats up.

CSVT5416

Established Member
Okay. Are all of your vacuum lines good? Have you replaced the intake manifold gaskets yet? Have you ran that UV liquid to see where your leak is at? If what your saying is true. Then that UV stuff will help find the leak. Otherwise. It's got to be a part with a bad gasket. Also I'd grab a new thermostat. It may be faulty.

bhiggs89

Established Member
I would go to contour.org and start a topic in the general trouble shooting area.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread