What pulley for 10-11lbs on V2SQ?

Black Stang 97

Established Member
Hello,

I have a 97 Cobra with the Vortech V2-SQ kit with aftercooler and power pipe and am wanting to increase the boost to about 10-11lbs.. It currently has a 3.25" pulley and only see about 8-9lbs.

I dont know if that sounds about right as a i thought the original pulley was a 3.60"... Ive heard that the aftercooled kit comes with a smaller pulley but have not found any facts on this or what size it came with.

Does any one know if my setup should be making that amount of boost? Also, what pulley would get me to the 10-11lb mark?

Thanks in advance

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
How high are you spinning the motor?? I had a 3.33'' pulley on a T-trim and I was seeing 10-12psi depending on when I shifted..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well if you're are only shifting there then you might need a step down.. But just realize that if you spin it higher it'll create more boost..

pacific4v

Established Member
Are u having belt slip? Maybe that's why your boost numbers are a little low. Are u running the aftercooler? Im seeing 9.5psi at 5600rpms(that's where the maf pegged so it hasn't been.spun higher) with the 3.25" pulley on my v2 s-trim. It should be in the 11-12psi range once i can hit 7k rpms, and that's with a big procharger 3core intercooler.

Black Stang 97

Established Member
hm.. im not sure about belt slip.... i have never seen the needle go past 8lbs... here is my dyno sheet from a year ago... it gets a little bumpy at top end..

What do you guys think?
DSC04728.gif

Users who are viewing this thread