What product to really clean exhaust tips?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
My Cobra is a daily driver and my Bassani tips have taken a beating over the winter. What is the best product and method to bring them back to life?

Thanks. :beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Hmmm...I have some in the garage. I'll give it a try. I didn't think an aluminum polish would work for SS.

DontGetBit

The Dynasty has begun....
Established Member
I used some Nevr-Dull last weekend on my ss tips and it worked great. I had a lot of build up from the winter and it removed all of it. It even tried to take off the steeda logo on the tip.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Without question, the best stuff to get the junk off and the polish back on is Turtle Wax Chrome polish with rust remover. I've sworn by this stuff for 18 years! It's that good, it'll remove surface rust like it was dirt and bring back a nice shine.

I live here in KC and have those Bassani CB's...I can tell you that the salt/sand in the road from the winter months "uglied" up my tips bigger en' sh!t and the ol' Mr. Turtle chrome polish brought em' back like new!

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
where is never dull sold? So never dull after cleaning? What would u recommend to use to get off serious brake dust or black tar on chrome wheels...its on there bad, i mean REAL BAD...thanks

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Ballistik8 said:
where is never dull sold? So never dull after cleaning? What would u recommend to use to get off serious brake dust or black tar on chrome wheels...its on there bad, i mean REAL BAD...thanks
Never Dull is sold at walmart as well as just about every chain auto parts store. I use Meguiors body scrub to clean my rims. Sounds like you should try a claybar as well. Should take the tar right off.

WykdRT

Established Member
WENOL from Summit racing. Get the FINE CUT in the blue tube. Might be like the billet polish and stuff but works really good. Doesn't need pressure just the more you rub it the more it cleans it. You know it is working cause it turns your rag black. I love the stuff.

WykdRT

Established Member
WENOL from Summit racing. Get the FINE CUT in the blue tube. Might be like the billet polish and stuff but works really good. Doesn't need pressure just the more you rub it the more it cleans it. You know it is working cause it turns your rag black. I love the stuff. I would use some Never-Dull on it first to get alot of the larger rust spots off then use the wenol.

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
so WENOL first, and then never dull to finish it off? What would you recommend after just for a good chrome finish?

Users who are viewing this thread