What price to pay for new Saleen

69 Boss9

Established Member
I am in the market for a s281. I found one at a local dealer. It is a 2005 s281. MSRP 44002. He is advertising it for 39900. What would be a fair price to offer? I really don't know the amount of markup in this type of car, but I'm sure it is substantial. What did you pay for your Saleen?

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
dont bother, all kinds of good stuff coming right from the factory for much less in the next 2 years.(you can even build a better gt then saleen for half the price they ask anyway, its rediculous). At 39, I doubt its even supercharged.

CincyFordman

Established Member
KevinB120 said:
dont bother, all kinds of good stuff coming right from the factory for much less in the next 2 years.(you can even build a better gt then saleen for half the price they ask anyway, its rediculous). At 39, I doubt its even supercharged.

No the S281 is not supercharged. But remember what the Saleen was built for, Racing! The suspension for the Mustang GT was completely removed to add the Saleen suspension. New seats was put in. The wheels were designed for where the ended up on the car, left front must stay on the left front. Even the look of the Saleen was not design for looks. It was designed to move air around the car as fast as possible and to create downforce.

Pricing is down like this. It is made up of the Mustang components and then the Saleen components. About $29k for the Mustang part and about $15-17k for the Saleen part. That a total of $44-46k for a S281. If you have a dealer discounting the car to $39,990 then what he is discounting is the Mustang part. The Saleen part is what Saleen charges and that part is final. So negotiate on the Mustang part of the price. i work for a dealer and I have sold a couple Saleens and that is how we worked it.

If anyone needs more info on Saleens I can get it for you. Today the rep came out and trained some of us salesman so I think I have pretty good knowledge now.

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread