What Plugs and gap to run?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I'm running NGK BR7EF plugs and I was running them gapped out of the box which is .025. I pulled the plugs the other day and looked at them and they are all running rich. The the center part that is normally white when new is dark brown and the inside of the plug is black. So I put new plugs in and gapped them at .028, I'm running about 15lbs of boost right now on pump gas for street use. I might just have too much fuel going into the motor my wide band has been giving me some odd readings lately. On my lower gears 1-3 it has been running around 10.7 or so A/F but when I put it in 4th it reads 12.5 sometimes. I think that is wrong, because I stayed in it for a little bit testing it out and it dropped back down to 10.7. So I think my wideband is reading slow or reading the a/f between shifts and sticking. IDK So what plugs and what gap are you guys running and what boost level?

Thanks Dan

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Sounds like you are running WAY to rich. You are leaving some power on the table being gapped at .025 with only 15psi. Id run .030 with that plug for 15psi. Run .025 with big boost. Sounds like you need your tune cleaned up to me.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Sounds like you are running WAY to rich. You are leaving some power on the table being gapped at .025 with only 15psi. Id run .030 with that plug for 15psi. Run .025 with big boost. Sounds like you need your tune cleaned up to me.
Yeah I know I need to get the tune cleaned up some. It was tuned for higher boost and I have a low boost tune of 12 psi. But I wanted to run more boost so I put it at 15-16psi and run my higher boost tune but I think it is too much fuel.

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Yeah I know I need to tune cleaned up some. It was tuned for higher boost and I have a low boost tune of 12 psi. But I wanted to run more boost so I put it at 15-16psi and run my higher boost tune but I think it is too much fuel.

In that case, leave it at .025 just get the tune dialed in. Thats what I do. I run .025 on 14psi or 27psi and adjust the tune accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread