what parts needed to convert to solid rear?

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
A buddy of mine with a 89 gt is making it into a full drag car and is going with a 9 inch rear. He will sell me his 8.8 real cheap. So i was wondering what parts i needed to swap this in there and beef it up a little bit while its out. Hes got 4.10 in there all ready which i think is a little to much gear for my set-up. I really need some help with this to figure out if its worth doing it. Thanks and please respond soon Mrcobraguy.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
fox body rear axles are very short compared to one from a 99+ mustang. the 94-98 are shorter than the 99+ and the fox bodies are shorter than the 94-98. if i were you i would find one from a 99+ gt. i think the fox body will be too short for your car.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I did not know that hummm well i still just might go with a solid set-up anyways talked to a few peolpe and said if i did it right i would still be able to handle like i was on rails. Now i just need to find out what parts would make it right.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
postban said:
detailed swap instructions in my sig

Looked at it and thanks for providing us with that info helps out alot. Now i guess i'm just going to have to save some money up for the swap. Wheel hop isn't a huge problem for me mostly tire spin but i do get the hop on ocasion. I just want to get rid of it and not have to worry about it hopping and then breaking something. I'm putting a hell of alot more power in it later on down the road so i would probably would have to go with this set up anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread