What others think of the Marauder Guys/SHAME

bigslim

Established Member
I was just reading the different threads on this board about supercharging and I had to wonder "What do the other guys on SVT think of the Marauder guys"? I am sure that others from this forum that have looked in on our section and have said "what the hell is going on with these guys". You guys have been beating a dead horse on this topic and it just looks bad. There has been name calling and finger pointing. If I didn't know any better I would swear that I was reading posts from an elementry school forum. I wish you guys would grow up and move on. This forum is not for you guys that have been banned from one site to came to and air your laundry. I am really ashamed of you guys that have lowered yourselves to this level. I hope people will look past this and see that most of the Marauder guys are top-notch people. But as usual, a few ruin it for all.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i think marauders rock! wish i had one. as far as the drama goes, phuck it. drive your car and smile.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
bigslim said:
I was just reading the different threads on this board about supercharging and I had to wonder "What do the other guys on SVT think of the Marauder guys"? I am sure that others from this forum that have looked in on our section and have said "what the hell is going on with these guys". You guys have been beating a dead horse on this topic and it just looks bad. There has been name calling and finger pointing. If I didn't know any better I would swear that I was reading posts from an elementry school forum. I wish you guys would grow up and move on. This forum is not for you guys that have been banned from one site to came to and air your laundry. I am really ashamed of you guys that have lowered yourselves to this level. I hope people will look past this and see that most of the Marauder guys are top-notch people. But as usual, a few ruin it for all.

BigSlim, I really don't think it was too bad. Yes, some of the stuff being said was unappropriate, but all in all, some good information is had (and personal opinions) and as a result may have gotten out of hand. :shrug: The passion of our cars is why it happens. I have a Mustang and the threads you can read in some of the Mustang websites really makes us Marauder guys seem calm and civil, even at our worst, believe me. Yes, this site allows more "spirited" debate, arguments, finger pointing and worse. But overall it seems everyone (or most everyone) comes to terms, apologizes and we go on. I love it here just for the capability of opening up and expressing opinions. Elsewhere it gets shut down. But you do have a point and I respect that. :rockon:

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Slim made a good point. Bashing people because they made a choice that is equal to yours but different is immature.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Defyant said:
Slim made a good point. Bashing people because they made a choice that is equal to yours but different is immature.

I agree. And I have never bashed anyone for making their personal choice. That is what it is all about. Choice.....

MikesMerc

Established Member
I still maintain, and always will, that a bit of healthy debate is good for everyone. Different mods from different vendors produce different results. To "ignore" those differences and pretend everything is plain vanilla just for the sake of eternal bliss is mistake...not too mention whimpy.

That said, there is no reason that healthy debate needs to result in mud slinging and name calling. Although I've certainly had some heated debate myself, I don't think I've resorted to that kind of stuff. At least not that i can recall.

So, Slim, let's not confuse a healthy, lively discussion about the pros and cons of various mods with immature name calling, flaming, etc. There is a difference.

Also, on another note, I agree with TJA that there are indeed forums that are much much worse when it comes to flaming and arguing. The only real problem with the Marauder section here on SVT is that almost every thread is a debate thread and that there is little other topic content.

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Drag radials & wheels for the track

MikesMerc said:
I still maintain, and always will, that a bit of healthy debate is good for everyone. Different mods from different vendors produce different results. To "ignore" those differences and pretend everything is plain vanilla just for the sake of eternal bliss is mistake...not too mention whimpy.

That said, there is no reason that healthy debate needs to result in mud slinging and name calling. Although I've certainly had some heated debate myself, I don't think I've resorted to that kind of stuff. At least not that i can recall.

So, Slim, let's not confuse a healthy, lively discussion about the pros and cons of various mods with immature name calling, flaming, etc. There is a difference.

Also, on another note, I agree with TJA that there are indeed forums that are much much worse when it comes to flaming and arguing. The only real problem with the Marauder section here on SVT is that almost every thread is a debate thread and that there is little other topic content.

Well said with that I am going to post a thread on rear wheels and tires for just the track. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

martyo

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
My EXACT thoughts Chris. :beer: :beer:

Larry: Come to Georgia where my Marauder lives and I will take you for the ride of your life. Also, bring the Lightning, I LOVE those trucks!

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
bigslim said:

:rockon: Agreed.

David Morton

Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
i think marauders rock! wish i had one. as far as the drama goes, phuck it. drive your car and smile.
Yer preachin' to da choir there, bruddah! :thumbsup:

Bigslim, I think most guys can tell a jerk from a mile away and almost nobody is so bigoted as to think that because one or even two guys are jerks and own Marauders that all Marauder owners are jerks.

Hack Goby

Walking the fence
Established Member
You won`t ever here me bitch

Im lucky,I have a nice ride,Just enough Mods for me,A little bling,Lidio`s shop is five miles away,and Im part of the Motor City Crew.That part is good.But when I lost my wife Linda back in Janurary it was ALL of MM.Net who came to my aid and helped my get through those hard times.Remember guys your life can change at anytime and when that happens it`s nice to know that along with your family that you have friends who will help if you need it or give you ton`s of support like the Marauder site did for me.

DJP

Established Member
David Morton said:
Yer preachin' to da choir there, bruddah! :thumbsup:

Bigslim, I think most guys can tell a jerk from a mile away and almost nobody is so bigoted as to think that because one or even two guys are jerks and own Marauders that all Marauder owners are jerks.

Most guys can spot a jerk from over a mile a way.

Infact, most guys can spot a designated mouthpiece for somebody else 1,500 miles away.

Why someone would care what one site thinks of another site is beyond me.

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Hack Goby said:
Im lucky,I have a nice ride,Just enough Mods for me,A little bling,Lidio`s shop is five miles away,and Im part of the Motor City Crew.That part is good.But when I lost my wife Linda back in Janurary it was ALL of MM.Net who came to my aid and helped my get through those hard times.Remember guys your life can change at anytime and when that happens it`s nice to know that along with your family that you have friends who will help if you need it or give you ton`s of support like the Marauder site did for me.

Amen, brother. Amen. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread