What other mods do I need?

qk03cobra

Established Member
I plan on buying a snakebite soon. I have a completely stock 73,000mi 03 Cobra. What mods do I need to take into consideration with this. Also I plan on doing a 50 to 100 shot of spray. I was told to run a separate fuel system for the nitrous? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Oh, I plan on doing a JLT CAI or what do you guys recommend?

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
my car was stock all the way up to 65k miles, it now has 75k miles on the clock and my mods are in my sig.

as far as your qeustion on the intake goes, alot of people on here dont CAI because of the reading the MAF gets. I personally like the RAI systems.

metaman

Established Member
On the nitrous, you just need to make sure that your fuel pumps have enough left in them to supply the fuel to the solenoid. You may want to consider going to the twin Ford Gt fuel pump set up. Or you might even get away with stock pumps on a boost-a-pump.

Many have actually T'd right into the fuel rail and run the fuel for a wet shot off of that. Or you could go with a dedicated nitrous tune and run a dry shot. Then the tune makes up for the lack of fuel. Many have had success going both ways. Depends on who you ask as to which one is better.

Also keep in mind that with that new power you will need a new clutch, input shaft, and at least a diff cover brace.

The JLT is the only in fender set up that does not screw with the MAF readings.

qk03cobra

Established Member
I have exhaust mods, and spec stage 3 clutch. So I should get a BAP? What about injectors, do I need to upgrade? Does stock MAF need upgraded. I also have a Predator tuner for this. I want to make sure everything works together with the snakebite and the nitrous. I have decided on running a dedicated system for the nitrous. Anyone have anymore advice?

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I have exhaust mods, and spec stage 3 clutch. So I should get a BAP? What about injectors, do I need to upgrade? Does stock MAF need upgraded. I also have a Predator tuner for this. I want to make sure everything works together with the snakebite and the nitrous. I have decided on running a dedicated system for the nitrous. Anyone have anymore advice?

My best advice is that since you live in Ft Worth, hook up with HPP Racing in The Colony for a nice, safe set-up with all the supporting mods you'll need in your new, quick 03. They tuned and got mine to 520 rwhp on a Torco tune and it was a beast. Good luck and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread