what oil separators

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
besides home made ones---what oil separators do some of you guys have---does the kit from RPM outlet work good????? come on shout out

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
I think emission standards will play a huge role on a lot of peoples oil separators. I have a L&S

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
no emissions in my state---which brings up another question-- eliminating the egr--i have a bunch of upgrades and want to eliminate the egr also

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
LFP oil separator works OK, but some oil gets through into the intercooler. but it does work for what it's worth. i heard L & S is the best working one. the one from RPM is the same as L & S.

Chuck Norris

Established Member
what about breathers?

Also I wasn't aware that oil separators had an effect on emmisions, what sort of effect is that? I am getting ready to do this mod, and I was about to make a thread on this. Can the emissions be bypassed with a tune, or what?

Modded-Bolt

AKA rheagrimm
Established Member
The AMW Catch Can is a high quality oil seperator and it works very well. According to all the research I've done they are right up there with the L&S. As a matter of fact, some say it catches more oil than the L&S seperator. The only drawback is that you have to periodically drain the bowl like you do on the cheap air compressor seperators. The L&S seperator automatically drains back into your crankcase.

fullboogie

Established Member
L&S here. Way better than the cheap air compressor setups - mine never worked properly.

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
if you want to be 100% sure no oil gets in and you dont need to worry about emissions go with a breather on each valve cover, and one on the oil fill cap.... and get your truck retuned to account for the unmetered air... once your breathers are on, and the tube to the lower galley is capped, the bung on the upper intake is capped, and the hole in the intake elbow is filled, how can oil possibly get inside?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Nick- Martin did a nice job with it for sure. What I like about it is the oil has a place to go. With just breathers the oil can spray all over the valve covers and engine compartment once the breathers become oil-soaked. With Martin's it will not.

:rockon:

Black00Bolt

Come get some!!
Established Member
the way i understood it the intake was sucking oil out of the valve cover. with the breathers there is no vacuum on the valve covers any more therefore no oil escapes

RedLight02

Established Member
Im a total noob on this subject, i see a kit on Rpm outlet for 40 dollars. Is this kit acceptable? Also, i just got my truck, it has 50k miles on it. Im sure the intercooler has oil in it by now? What do i do? A private message or anything would help. Thanks

RedLight02

Established Member
I have read the entire noob section, and i have been reading on oil seperator's and breathers for about a week. What is the most popular choice? so many options to chose from. You say the Motoblue separator kit is junk? why? I like the ease of use of the Steeda setup, any comments on that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread