What now?

Tonka Toy

Established Member
I'm shooting for 400hp and 500 ft/lbs or somewhere above those numbers. This is a daily driven truck so I'm not trying to make it ridiculously fast. I have a FTVB with 4x4 pan, Airraid CAI, 4lb lower pulley, Superchips tuned chip, and Magnaflow catback exhaust. I'm also running Nitto 555r's in the rear. Not that those make any more hp but thought you should know. So, my question is, with the mods that I have what do I do next? I'm open for any and all suggestions.

Thanks,
Dave

Oh yeah, my current numbers are in my Avatar.

Last edited:

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
If it was me, I would try and get the new intake and single blade throttle body combo. There is a promotional sale on those right now. That should put you where you want to be.

www.lightningforceperformance.com

ProdPlenum010.jpg

Intake Configuration Flow Rate % Increase Over Stock

Stock Plenum/TB 850 CFM Baseline
Stock Plenum/Single Blade TB 943 CFM 10.9% Increase
C&L Plenum/Stock TB 970 CFM 14% Increase
C&L Plenum/Single Blade TB 1103 CFM 29.8% Increase

$630 Ask for Mark...

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
You could go with what SMOKESHOW suggested. You could go with an e-fan and Cobra water pump. That will drop 11 lbs (or so) of rotational mass off your motor, which will result in HP gains.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
i have single blade throtle body, cold air intake, power tube, 6# lower, bassani cat back and predator tune and im making 400/503. so id tell ya to get a 6# and the single blade throtle body and you should be there man.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
forgot to ask... are you in our club called TLOC?? i see that your in chesapeake and i was just curious. we have 38 members so far in the area. let me know if you are... if you arent give me your email and ill email you some info ok.

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Yes, I'm already in the club. I'm Dave G with the 2001 Black L running 12.9.

Thanks for the info so far guys. Keep it coming.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Apten or 2.8 upper

You could always add a 2.8 upper or port the blower both will get you there. I am almost there, hopping I can get there with the ported blower if not I will add a upper as well.

Tonka Toy

Established Member
00SVT, Did you do any dynos before and after you installed the headers? What kind of gains did you see with those and how much of a pain in the ass were they to install?

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
ford2001svt --> Oh, I see leave me out about the club huh? Laurel, MD too far south?? Just kidding man! Are there any people in your club planning on going to E-town 15 Oct for the street muffled drags??

I'm planning on going and was just wondering...
Rob

Tonka Toy

Established Member
The club is the Tidewater Lightning Owner's Club. We have members all over southeastern Virginia and Northeast North Carolina. Most of our activities are in those areas. Track days are being setup at VMP in Richmond. You are more than welcome to join. Send your email address and truck info to [email protected]

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Will get numbers on the ported blower soon

The headers were already on the truck when I purchased it a few months back. The only thing that I have added for any power it the ported blower that I just put on last night and will be going to the dyno next weekend for some numbers. I put down 369 last dyno with whats in the sig. so hoping for 400 but not sure if I will make it on the street side of the chip, but on the race side for sure.

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Keep me posted on the new numbers for that port job. That's what I am leaning towards. Where did you get yours done?

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Amazon Racing in MD is porting my blower, and doing some other stuff, right now. They have a guy there in MD that does blower, upper intake and TB porting. It would be closer than shipping to MI for Apten to do it.

Rob

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
get a ported blower a ported blowerby wes , 4lb lower, JDM tuned flip chip and a phenolic spacer, JLP ram air. I made 422 RWHP and 514 RWTQ

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Originally posted by latemodelracer2
get a ported blower a ported blowerby wes , 4lb lower, JDM tuned flip chip and a phenolic spacer, JLP ram air. I made 422 RWHP and 514 RWTQ

Who are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread