What next???

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
What would you professional drag racer's recommend next (LOL), long tubes (Kooks or Stainless Works) and K-member or the Cobra Jet intake setup? My current mods are a Steeda CAI, Lethal off-road x-pipe, tune, and a Circle D 5C. Current best's in my sig. Really hoping to go 11.20's with my next mod, whatever it is, if I can catch some negative D/A. I'm pretty sure there is a little left in the car as is because it was making the 1-2 shift at 6200...

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
The choices you listed are all very good. A header and K member combo will help you a good amount just as the car sits. The CJ setup will net you a little more over the stock mani/cai setup for the track, as the tq loss down low will slightly hurt it. With the 5c though, should be able to leave high enough to get into the power quick. If you still have stock gears, i would do the K and header setup, then adjust later for the CJ. Stock manifold auto cars run very good.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Thanks for the info! I do still have 3.15's and I'm not sure I want change to a 3.31 but I have been considering it since I run a 275/60-15.

clc44

Established Member
I'd think if you go cj you'd need lt's to get the full benefit any way. Do you plan on doing both eventually?

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I'd think if you go cj you'd need lt's to get the full benefit any way. Do you plan on doing both eventually?

Yes! 11.4's was initially my goal for this car with bolt-on's but I was also expecting it was gonna take a few more mods to reach that. I'd really like to get as close to 10's as possible in N/A form without stripping anything out of the car and just doing some minor weight reduction. It does have a CHE radiator support and I've removed the front sway bar and rear axle weights. The car isn't my daily driver but I don't want to pull any interior to hit the numbers, usually when I'm at the track the first thing most people do is look inside to see if all the interior is in it.

Users who are viewing this thread