what next have 1500 to spend

raptorgabe

Established Member
whats up everyone have about 1500 to spend on parts what should i get ? mods now are airaid intake with insert bmr lower arms with brackets and 305 tires on rear also a barton short shifter ! i have a x4 already also ! should i do bolt ons and be done or save and do a paxton kit!! looking at o/r h pipe, accufab tb , im going with shaun at aed for tunes , maybe long tubes not really sure what else ! whats everyone think ? or should i just do a tb for now since it wont void warrenty

5lho

Established Member
ORH or....an NX plate kit with nice accessories like window switch, bottle gauge, remote bottle opener, heater and purge. :)

fuggedabout the TB, no power there. A TB will likely void your engine warranty, if you have a problem with the engine and it's on there.

Last edited:

raptorgabe

Established Member
Now would be sick but don't know where to fill it where I live ! so no tb? I've always read mixed reviews on them and long tubes !

nate714

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about a TB having any affect on warranty, it's as easy to swap as a CAI, actually a little easier, if you have any engine issues step one should returning all the practical parts to stock.

That said, O/R H is probably better bang for buck than a throttlebody which has pretty minimal gains. Personally I went with the throttle body because I found one cheap enough used and it's an easy swap. I'm happy with it, but there's more gains to be had from an offroad H, and better sound.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would do the off road pipe of your choice with a tune. See how you like the car after these mods. It should really wake up and then see if you want more. If you are happy use the remainder of your money and throw on a Intake Manifold of your choice as that should be icing on the cake, if you find yourself wanting more hang on to the left over money and save for a blower.

raptorgabe

Established Member
I was lookin into a manifold to but which one boss one maybe ? How noticeable is the tq loss when doin one of them like from butt dyno

raptorgabe

Established Member
I just want it o run awesome for a weekend warrior ! Think I might just have to hold off and save for a Paxton kit ! I'm scared that all the bolt ons won't be enough and il keep wanting more ! I mean it runs good now but u know how that goes ! I just want somethin badass and fast ! I don't go to the track or strip either

clc44

Established Member
Ok. Do you have a 1/4 mile number or trap speed? An off road X will go great with the Paxton. Get that with a tune to hold you over. It will just take a little bit of the money you have. Do mods that will benefit the blower.

raptorgabe

Established Member
Yeah kinda what I'm thinkin ! So off-road pipe and tune ! Than next year buy blower ! Will a tb help at all ? Even with blower ? Just was gonna do that since won't mess with warranty possibly

Last edited:

jn2

Established Member
Boss manifold, Airaid anled coupler for boss intake manifold, off road x/h pipe. Many cheap options here, On3, UPR, SVE. This would leave you with about $700 left to spare, maybe use this to pay someone to tune your car, if you do your on tuning, then use it on whatever you want.

Boss manifold $500
Airaid tube: no clue, but cheap
O/R X/H pipe: $200-$250

clc44

Established Member
Yeah kinda what I'm thinkin ! So off-road pipe and tune ! Than next year buy blower ! Will a tb help at all ? Even with blower ? Just was gonna do that since won't mess with warranty possibly

I'd forget about the TB as it doesn't help enough to warrant paying 4-600 for one. Only get one if going the CJ route or looking for big power. It'll start to help more you you get in the 600+ range. Maybe grab a used one but I wouldn't invest more that $150 in one.

If I go the CJ route I'll grab a mono blade TB or 67mm twin. Other than that, I won't get one. I didn't notice any difference when I added one to my Mach. It does look cool.

Last edited:

raptorgabe

Established Member
With the boss manifold do you have to get the install kit or no ? I have an airaid intake already that u can run the insert with than when u tune it take the insert out !! Shaun at aed will tune mine or possibly Lund

50slow

Established Member
No you don't need the install kit. Late model has a kit/hose and is like 12 bucks.

jn2

Established Member

SixPak

Established Member
Time for more POWAH!

image.jpeg

I just pulled the trigger on this and getting a Dyno Tune done on it this Friday.
image.jpeg

Be sure and ask for Steve to get the forum discount.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I was lookin into a manifold to but which one boss one maybe ? How noticeable is the tq loss when doin one of them like from butt dyno

Ill sell you a ported boss manifold and some 47# injectors for E85 on the cheap. It helped me run 12.0@118..

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Personally I would do headers, that way if you decide to get a blower in the future you will be maximizing your power gains with the better flowing exhaust. If you are concerned about warranty and or emissions though, I would stick with the bolt-ons like the offroad x or h pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread