What mufflers to run ?

z28killer

800 RWHP WANNABE
Established Member
I just got a new Ford Motorsports driveshaft. It is much larger in diameter than the stock one I was running. I already knew I needed to replace the Flowmasters I was running because with the 76mm Hellion Kit I was told not to run chambered mufflers plus it is just to loud. They just barely fit under the car with the smaller driveshaft. I am sure they would rub the new one. What mufflers should I consider to work well with the turbo, quite the car down under mormal throttle conditions, and fit under the car with the larger driveshaft ? :shrug:

TRBO VNM

the turbo will act as a muffler itself. so that will quiet it down. but your problem with keeping it quiet is that you need a straight through muffler to have a decent sound imo. and a straight through muffler will be louder than a chambered muffler.

I run borla stingers. I had another borla muffler before, but it sounded like a chevy. had to get rid of it fast. the stingers are the round style muffler which take up a lot less space and probably something you are looking for. other borla mufflers are a smaller oval design, which might help.

blackjet01

Established Member
can you run a race dump type of exhaust with the twinturbo kit???how about a waste gate dump set-up??i love that turbo sound

Last edited:

venmousracer

Established Member
just dump after the exhaust side of the turbos, it will be loud at idle but under boost it will be quiet,, or just run diesl type mufflers, viper guys do it all the time, get a muffler off a turbo disel truck and call it a day..Eddie

Thekid760

Fordaholic
Established Member
I love the sound of turbo's spooling.
I'm a firefighter and I can almost get a hard on listening to our engine accelerate, it even has the spooling sound at idle.

Users who are viewing this thread