What mufflers sound good on a twin setup?

Droppintwins

Established Member
Hey. Wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I want to find a muffler that sounds good on my setup but have had zero luck.

Currently I have open exhaust and it sounds great! Can hear the large cams and lopey idle which I love. It is however too loud for street driving with this setup. At Hwy rpm it is head rattling. One more thing to consider I have a direct exhaust off of each turbo. (no h or x pipe). I have tried a x pipe as well early on and that sounded even worse!

Last summer I bought two straight through Bassani mufflers (round circular) and had them welded on. For whatever reason they sounded terrible on the car. Gave it some sort of mid rpm crackle sound. I honestly had no idea that the car even could sound that bad.

I guess my question is what can I put on the car to quiet it down a bit yet keep a good tone?

Any input on this is appreciated as I am lost what to try next.

RussZTT

Established Member
Any brand muffler will almost sound the same as each other so just get the best flowing one.

EB85

Established Member
The straight through and bullet mufflers make good resonators or they sound good after a pair of cats but them only can be teeth rattling. Do you have enough room to add a small Borla or Magnaflow muffler after the Bassani's?

There's a Magnaflow rep on here who has good advice, too, FYI. I might consider shooting him a PM and seeing what they suggest based off your available space and volume desires.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
The "best" sounding muffler with a turbo will probably still be the best sounding without a turbo. The turbo(s) do well as a muffler on their own.

I would suggest full size magnaflows. straight through so performance loss will be minimal, and will have a mellow sound.

07s197gt

Established Member
I've always loved Borla Stingers on 4 valves. Probably my favorite exhaust tone out of any car in the world is a 4 valve with Stingers. I have them on my 3 valve and they sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread