What Mods Really Make This Truck Move?

HEMITHIS23

Established Member
I've been searching around loooking at all diffrent performance parts but I have yet to find out what really works. I heard changing the lower pully to the 10lb size, bassani headers back to exhaust , cold air intake, inlet pipe, throttle body, chip & electric fans. And i may add a little less than a sec on my time tell me this isnt true. If anyone has what mods they did and what speed increase on a Harley Truck i would like to know.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
OK if this is going to be your daily driviner and you dont plain on building up the lower end DO NOT get a 10 pound lower pulley, even though it will only give you 8 pounds, thats to much for the stock lower end, Go with the 8 pound lower pulley, that will give you a totla of 12 pound of boost, and go with a JLP Ram air, Magna flow or some other Cat back, that with traction bars and a good jump off the line will knock a second off your time!

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
I was told a 9" pulley which is 6lbs on a L would be 4lbs on a HD. I run 12lbs on my stock block and no problems.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
What ever the Pulley is, take 2 off because of the upper pulley of the L and HD are dif... by 2 pounds of boost

COBRAMAN2003

Established Member
HD parts

I have a 2.8 upper, big mouth filter, and a boost bypass. Its doing 12.5 psi. Its doing this much because the stock exhaust has a ton of back pressure. Bone stock it ran 15@92mph. With boost bypass it ran 14.7@93mph and now with the big mouth filter and 2.8 upper it runs 14@99mph. This is with no chip and the stock tires at 5200lbs with me in it. Could have ran in the 13s but i only ran it twice with two bad starts.(tons of wheelspin)

Established Member
Look @ my sig. I still have an E fan, JL ram air kit, traction bars and catback to put on. But with the mods done as of right now the truck hauls some major a$$!!!
**edit** DO NOT go and put a 10 lbs lower pulley or your engine will go bye bye. Go with a 6 or 8 lbs lower but remember the 6lb=4lb and the 8lb=6lb for the Harley trucks because of the different upper pulley sizes from the L's. Or you could just go with a L upper pulley and 4lb lower. With that combo I'm seeing 12-13 lbs of boost with a safe tune. Just make sure you get a GOOD tune on your chip and have your a\f's checked out after every mod. Also a Factory Tech Valve Body is a must do mod. You'll love it. Go check out nhtoc.com and you'll find tons of info there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread