What mods do you regret?

Funny5.0

Established Member
I saw a thread on this in the terminator section.
I'm curious of what you all have to say about the new 5.0, mods, what you regret and why.

For me it was the gear swap from 3.31's to 3.73's in my manual. I got ripped off, didn't notice much of a difference:bored:(actually felt weaker in the top end) and had a new hum sound in 6th gear.

acrbill

Established Member
Ram HD clutch. Had it in for 60 miles and had to pull it because the pedal was too stiff and the clutch was too grabby.

ttk53

Established Member
I know off two guys that have taken there Boss intake off because the car went slower with it. One was N/A, the other was on spray.

acrbill

Established Member
shoot! I forgot about the Boss intake mani too. Granted it was much better when properly tuned it still kind of ruined the daily driving fun. I had a 6spd with a 4.10 gear at the time.

D.T.R

Established Member
How come you guys aren't happy with the 3.73s and the Boss intake?
3.73s yeah would lose a little top end... but you'll gain quite a bit down low...
And as for the Boss intake mani... I'm sure Ford wouldn't have implemented that manifold if they didn't see any gains?

BV600

Established Member
Magnaflow OR/X- For some reason it kicked my driver side over the axle pipe up into the car, hits on bumps.
Saleen grill-Wasnt happy with the quality.
How come no one likes there Boss Manifold? Ive got one but its for a FI App.

acrbill

Established Member
How come you guys aren't happy with the 3.73s and the Boss intake?
3.73s yeah would lose a little top end... but you'll gain quite a bit down low...
And as for the Boss intake mani... I'm sure Ford wouldn't have implemented that manifold if they didn't see any gains?

The trade off is you lose midrange torque for above the stock limiter power.

I live in Chicago and don't have many opportunities to go WOT through all the gears. 4.10 gears are great for running about town but if you like to post your 1/4 mile times in your sig they hold you back since you have to shift into 5th.

ViciousJay

Established Member
im gonna get slammed for this but i didnt care for the MGW shifter what so ever, a simple bracket fixed my shifting issue.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
steeda sport springs. I should have went with the ultra lite springs. and the hellion turbo kit.. should have bought a roushcharger or procharger.

BPatterson

Established Member
I have the boss mani and accompanying BBR tune, and I honestly noticed no difference. Other than having to shift higher now, and the factory clutch and hydraulics not being able to keep up. :-/

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

Well, it's worth mentioning that the Roadrunner in the Boss is an entirely different engine than the Coyote is. The problem with the Boss intake on the Coyote is that you don't realize any gains until your above 7K RPMs. That's great if your car is a weekend track slut, but not so much for a daily driver.

I don't really care for my CAI and my tune. I've got an auto and I spend a lot of time in rush hour traffic, so the car holds the gears too long and the car is just generally a pain in the ass to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. I love the power, don't get me wrong, but there's so little opportunity to use it in an urban commuting environment.

cmsnake

Established Member
Well, it's worth mentioning that the Roadrunner in the Boss is an entirely different engine than the Coyote is. The problem with the Boss intake on the Coyote is that you don't realize any gains until your above 7K RPMs. That's great if your car is a weekend track slut, but not so much for a daily driver.

I don't really care for my CAI and my tune. I've got an auto and I spend a lot of time in rush hour traffic, so the car holds the gears too long and the car is just generally a pain in the ass to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. I love the power, don't get me wrong, but there's so little opportunity to use it in an urban commuting environment.
Which tune do you have? I havnt done one yet, but I do a fair amount of stop and go driving in my auto.

Users who are viewing this thread