what metco ring should i go with !!?

alibird88

Established Member
i got 2.76 upper, idler kit & im about to buy a metco lower pully, but im not sure what ring size to order,dont wanna kill my engine with boost, as i know the pre-owner changed the pistons & rings to je, also ported the s/c and heads , also need a gatorback belt size or part#, the problem is im overseas & i cant get most of the parts from our local shops, but im doin the impossible
for my snake...

:beer:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
i got 2.76 upper, idler kit & im about to buy a metco lower pully, but im not sure what ring size to order,dont wanna kill my engine with boost, as i know the pre-owner changed the pistons & rings to je, also ported the s/c and heads , also need a gatorback belt size or part#, the problem is im overseas & i cant get most of the parts from our local shops, but im doin the impossible
for my snake...

:beer:

With your ported Eaton and 2.76 upper a 4lb lower would be a potent combo.
Get in touch with the folks at Lethal Performance as they do a lot of business overseas. They also have all the supporting mods you may need.
If you don't have a local tuner Justin at VMP Tuning can set you up with a great mail order tune.
Check Cobra Bobs website to help you find the right belt size.
Best of luck!

Last edited:

alibird88

Established Member
thanx man....cobra bobs did alot.
do u think the 4# is safe....im not goin to race at all, just my stock pully is finished, i did a custom repair but under high rpms it starts to slip.
now im thinking about stock size pully!!?

xxtorinoxx

Established Member
i have this setup a 2.76 upper with a 4lb lower. Car makes around 16 -17 psi with a ported blower. To stop the slip you will need an upper idler pulley that you can get from billetflow.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
thanx man....cobra bobs did alot.
do u think the 4# is safe....im not goin to race at all, just my stock pully is finished, i did a custom repair but under high rpms it starts to slip.
now im thinking about stock size pully!!?

With a good tune a 4lb lower will be very safe.
Just make sure you have supporting mods such as Mafia, BAP w/wire upgrade and probably injectors.
Like xxtorinoxx said an auxiliary idler pulley will cure your belt slip issues.
Since you are in an extremely hot climate cooling mods would probably be a good idea to.

Users who are viewing this thread