What made you want a Terminator????

Cobra_Tim

Established Member
^ Nice I grew up in Bridgeport, and my parents now live in Stratford off exit 12 RT 8.

I should have my Terminator by Sept/Oct time...definitely will have to meet up.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I was a senior in high school when they were released I had a H/C/I 89 GT at the time and I fell in love with the 03 cobra as soon as I saw a new one at the dealer. I then worked it out a year later and bought mine from a friend with 16k miles in it for $26k. I have owned it since then over 10 years and I still love it. I plan to never sell it to many memories. Took my wife for our first date 10 years ago in this car. She loves it to.
Similar to me. Senior in high school i had a HCI 95 GT and spend my first few years in college drooling over the 2003 Cobras. I knew i could never afford one in college so i kept my 95. After college i graduated and sold the 95 and picked up my first 03 vert. These cars are the best!

Edit: Blades video also played in my dorm room damn near daily. My room mate had a nice 98 cobra so we were mustang crazy in my dorm and later apt.

weaselp1

Established Member
Similar to me. Senior in high school i had a HCI 95 GT and spend my first few years in college drooling over the 2003 Cobras. I knew i could never afford one in college so i kept my 95. After college i graduated and sold the 95 and picked up my first 03 vert. These cars are the best!

Edit: Blades video also played in my dorm room damn near daily. My room mate had a nice 98 cobra so we were mustang crazy in my dorm and later apt.

Lol Similar to me too....senior in high school with a 85 GT with t-tops and a 351 windsor. Told myself I wanted one when I could afford it and mod it the way I wanted to do it. I could afford one soon after college but ended up owning some motorcycles. I sold the motorcycles 2 years ago and bought a cobra start of 2013. Best decision ever!

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
The 1st , 2nd or 3rd time I purchased one? LOL. Seriously for me it was the sound/power and lets face it.. its a fox body and once you own one its like being a kid again.

stangfreak

Established Member
11 years ago I went to the dealer to buy a saleen mustang. I thought they were the shit. I still love them. Dealer wanted too much money for them. I saw the cobra in the show room and now im like, oh man, decisions decisions lol. was going back and fourth. Finally got a ride in a 03 cobra at a hang out spot here. People starting posting up videos of more cobras and when I saw the cobra motor with that big blower, i was in awe. The eaton back then just looked huuuggee. From those moments on I was hooked. bought mine in aug of 03. still own it and still love it.

I cant sell this car. Too many memories and I own a piece of mustang history. This car changed the whole game. everyone wanted one and people to this day want one.

There are better cars out there. But there is only one terminator. You CANNOT REPLACE THIS CAR.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Lol Similar to me too....senior in high school with a 85 GT with t-tops and a 351 windsor. Told myself I wanted one when I could afford it and mod it the way I wanted to do it. I could afford one soon after college but ended up owning some motorcycles. I sold the motorcycles 2 years ago and bought a cobra start of 2013. Best decision ever!
So cool there are lots of us pushing 30 finally getting that dream car from our youth. I love my Terminator. Im a teacher and drive it to school 2-3 times a week. I always see the kids drooling on it when i pull in. I hope im creating future mustangers!

stangfreak

Established Member
I always wanted a Terminator....until I seen this video:-D

Needless to say I bought the E55 instead..muhahahaha:burnout:

[video=youtube;JJwekS396nQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJwekS396nQ[/video]

I remember that video. That was back in the day. I remember talking to killabyte then all of a sudden he just disappeared.

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
I had a pretty fast WS-6 back in 2005, h/c/i, it ran pretty good, but I had 3k into the motor. Ran a guy with a Cobra, and he drug my ass. Lol I had to have one.

mrose75

Established Member
Paid off my Honda Accord in 2002 and decided I'd save for a few months and then get into a Mustang GT. Deploy to Iraq in 2003 and decided with all the extra money, why settle for a GT? Go big or go home. So I found mine at Tommy Vaughn online and dropped $12K on her while I was still in Iraq. Drove her home when I got of the plane from Iraq in March of 2004. Had this sh!t eatin' grin ever since!!!:D

mhinchley

Established Member
I struggled with decision last summer @ 41. I was looking at Cobra, superchagered 1998+ Vettes, Mercedes SLK's (hardtop vert ftw). Wife said to buy whatever I wanted, just keep the damn thing for 5 years or longer! (that is another story) I ruled out SLK fairly quick due to aftermarket part prices & repair part prices. The vettes intrigued me, cuz I never owned one and their light weight was a bonus. In the end though, I have owned several mustangs over the years for a reason. Just a blue collar muscle car guy, and occasionally I like to take a dog or grand kid along, so a backseat, albeit small, is nice to have. And Terminators..........imo really brought back the muscle car mindset, not seen since the late 60's & early 70's with strong power from the factory. It is and will be an iconic car, again imo, and am glad to own one. Have not been sorry or had a second thought since the day of the purchase (that makes wife VERY happy).

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
This was my favorite from fuel slut . as always, people are crowding around the cobra at the end lmao. It was the car to have back in the day. Im glad I was around to live it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZmr7MHFUkY

I have seen that video is years thanks Alex I always watched it. Anytime I showed up at car meets people always wanted to see the terminator I was always destroying local cars on the streets with mine for years nothing could touch them ha.

weaselp1

Established Member
So cool there are lots of us pushing 30 finally getting that dream car from our youth. I love my Terminator. Im a teacher and drive it to school 2-3 times a week. I always see the kids drooling on it when i pull in. I hope im creating future mustangers!

That is great! I am a consultant and whenever I take a client out for lunch I offer to drive when I have the cobra with me; Normally what would be a hour lunch turns into a 1.5 hour drive and bring back food to the office. I have people that I dont even know come up to me and ask to see the cobra. Kinda cool, but sometimes the attention can be a little much. :)

SVTORANGE

Established Member
That is great! I am a consultant and whenever I take a client out for lunch I offer to drive when I have the cobra with me; Normally what would be a hour lunch turns into a 1.5 hour drive and bring back food to the office. I have people that I dont even know come up to me and ask to see the cobra. Kinda cool, but sometimes the attention can be a little much. :)

That's awesome

testorossa1989

Established Member
Riding through my neighborhood on my bike in 03 and seeing a black cobra on the side street with inserts. That was pretty much love at first sight

Woody6799

Established Member
I had a 91 notch when I was a senior in High School in 2003 and the only thing I wanted was a 95 GT... until the press releases started to fly around for the 03. The first one I saw was at Smith Motors in Washington, a MC vert... I passed it all the time and drooled every time... knowing it was out of my league I just kept on and in 2010 I bought my 95 GT... I owned it for 5 months. Why so quick? Bc the gf (now wife) turned to me and said, "Why not just save some more and buy the car you want instead of settling for the car you have?" The GT was for sale that week. At the ripe age of 28 I bought my DSG 03... its staying with me till I die.

The Cobra was enormous when it burst on the scene. It wrecked everything but to me, it was finally a TRUE Mustang muscle car. Not a dainty GT with under 300hp... what a bunch of crap... the Cobra set the record straight, and had me mesmerized.

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
came across a few guys from base he had a black one he offered me a run in it vs a vette...had to have one after that

Users who are viewing this thread