What Kinda Numbers

laxx232mb

Seller
Established Member
In the spring I am thinking about buying a 96-98 Cobra. I want to see what kinda numbers others are putting up if I were to get a 96-98 and did a Full LT exhaust, Throttle Body, and a tune. Also what kind of times would a car with those mods as well as a an alum. driveshaft, 4.10 Rear End, U.D. Pullies, Short Throw Shifter.

Thanks

Matt
:beer:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
throttle-body is a waste of money, but beyond that...

With a JLT intake and a good tune, you could make 290-300rwhp, with the tune being the deciding factor.

HouseOfPower

RippinSVT said:
throttle-body is a waste of money, but beyond that...

With a JLT intake and a good tune, you could make 290-300rwhp, with the tune being the deciding factor.

nuff said, besides when your starting to build a stock car the most important mod will not relect positively on any dyno.......GEARS

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
STREET TUNE with a wideband (dyno could be used, I prefer street), SCT software, laptop to watch ECU activities in real-time, and datalogging. The only way to get maximum safe power from a tune IMHO, is to datalog over and over on the street under real-world conditions and make basic parameter changes for safety/ballpark power, then fine-tune each of the prior-changed general parameters with successive dataloggings and even more finite changes.

That being said, a mail-order tune can still give decent results, but changes should ultimately be made to suit each car's individual needs. Find an SCT dealer in your area, buy an SCT X-Cal 2, and have them tune it. Most will do it on the dyno, but you may be able to get them to tune on the street. I prefer to street-tune and use trap-speeds at the track as my deciding factor, because beyond anything else, real RESULTS are what matter.

Users who are viewing this thread