What kind of spark plugs are ya running?

mexburito

Established Member
I just had some damage done to one of the heads on the L and it seemed that a spark plug was the cause of it all. What spark plugs should I run with a 6lb pulley? Another question for the more experienced. Do I have to get the truck tuned again after they did that engine work or will the same tune do the job? It has magnaflow exhaust and it sounds rather raspy and louder than it did before. Is that a bad sign? It also does not feel that strong. I am really anxious to get my truck running the way it was before. Thanks for any advice. :shrug:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
are your heads going to be replaced with factory, or are you going to upgrade the valves, spring, port the heads etc... or just buy some aftermarket heads for around $1200.
i would go with some ngk tr6 plugs for a 6 pound lower. i never had a problem with them, i used them on my 8 # lower too. if you do get head work done, i would certenly get a re-tune. you will have more air coming in.
as for the exhaust. do you hear any rattling in the cats. maybe the cats are falling apart inside. you usually get a raspy sounding exhaust with no cats.

Last edited:

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
I've recently had this issue. Many suggest Tr6's and have had good experiences. But I'm not convinced it's cold enough. According to the charts I've seen they are great for up to 12-13psi. But they are stock replacments according to autozone. I decided to install a set of Br7ef's. I'll see how those go. I'd rather run to cold than to hot. If it idles like crap i'm only out $14 or so. And I'll try the Tr6's.

mexburito

Established Member
I had a tune on it before I had the head worked on. But the work they did to the head was just stock parts. The exhaust sounds like it is not tuned properly.

jgardner14

Established Member
Ok I have TR6s and they are gaped at .32 and my truck still struggle and hesiate when I get on it, my mods are in my sig. Do u think its too much gap?

Users who are viewing this thread