What kind of small business?

01tahoe

Established Member
Say you had some extra cash and time on your hands, what kind of small business would you happen? Something with cars? Maybe a restaurant?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
What do you mean by extra cash OP? I'm guessing around 6 figures?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
You can't. I looked in to it, you have to have management experience at a Chic-fil-A, for 2-3 years IIRC. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to own one :)

No kidding, they have great food and top-notch service. I've thought about maybe working there someday for the opportunity to own one. Their Lemonade and Chicken sandwich is the shit.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
No kidding, they have great food and top-notch service. I've thought about maybe working there someday for the opportunity to own one. Their Lemonade and Chicken sandwich is the shit.

And its always f'in packed out! I stop at the one in Madison every Saturday before the home games.

LSUstang05

Established Member
McDonald's. Guy in my hometown owns all of them. Started with one and now is a multi millionaire big time. Large start up cost, but a huge pay off in the end.

NRM2003

Established Member
Chic Fil a, does not Franchise I looked into it. That my friend would be a gold mine...
I co-own / operate a Remodeling company, commercial / residential, business is tight right now but we are still busy so I can't complain. Make sure it's something you enjoy find your niche... then be different, Stand out be more memorable than the other guy.

Common

Established Member
Carting business. You need ONE or two at most big rigs, 5-10 containers at 10-30cu yds, a solid advertising with yellow pages at 5-8k a year. I guarantee you will see 150k in your first year if you do it right.

01tahoe

Established Member
Chic Fil a, does not Franchise I looked into it. That my friend would be a gold mine...
I co-own / operate a Remodeling company, commercial / residential, business is tight right now but we are still busy so I can't complain. Make sure it's something you enjoy find your niche... then be different, Stand out be more memorable than the other guy.

I don't have any money currently to start a business. This really is hypothetical. Just curious to see what people would do.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Carting business. You need ONE or two at most big rigs, 5-10 containers at 10-30cu yds, a solid advertising with yellow pages at 5-8k a year. I guarantee you will see 150k in your first year if you do it right.

Hmm, who would be a primary client? It seems like I remember that you own your own business. Is this what you do?

weems

Mach Won
Established Member

Chic-Fil-A does franchise, as I also looked into it.

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
the worlds first drive thru restaurant on a lake... boats float (motor off) thru a canal around the back of the building and continue around to the window where they get their food! there are also a few stalls in front to park and eat. glass/plexiglass floor and either floating or on stilts...

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Hmm, who would be a primary client? It seems like I remember that you own your own business. Is this what you do?

Something along these lines, but my fathers company does demo and carting. No outsourcing of work ftw.

Primary clients are people that have ANY sort of rubbish, mostly construction debris.

You get into yellow book, make a website, buy some rigs and be ready to work long hours in the first year or two. Some guys start by putting small ads in newspapers first to see how it goes....

Common

Established Member
If I had enough money, I'd open a bar in a college town.

Liquor license is a cluster**** in most college towns, it's who you know type of deal and some towns have LIMITED amount of them, so if there is a max limit reached, NOBODY is getting one unless you buy it off of another bar owner or something. It's a PITA.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Buy an office building and rent it out. Big demand for medical offices in my area.

If you are going to open something in a college town open a pizza place, don't have to deal with liquor licenses.

Users who are viewing this thread