What kind of mods can I do to my 96 Cobra???

96SN8K

Established Member
Looking for some feedback on engine and suspension mods. I have a bbk intake and a set of max motorsports caster camber plates; looking where I can go from here. Thanks.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
First thing anybody will say is gears. I went 4.30 and love them. Get 4.30s, but then plan on getting some kind of DR soon after.

Gears are by far the best mod for your car... then tires. After that get a shifter and work on the exhaust. Get that stuff done and you'll have a pretty fun cruiser, but keep in mind it's never enough. I'm looking to do a 75 shot this winter.

mystical

Established Member
First thing anybody will say is gears. I went 4.30 and love them. Get 4.30s, but then plan on getting some kind of DR soon after.

Gears are by far the best mod for your car... then tires. After that get a shifter and work on the exhaust. Get that stuff done and you'll have a pretty fun cruiser, but keep in mind it's never enough. I'm looking to do a 75 shot this winter.

Agreed.

I turn 3K rpm at 80mph with 4.56's.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm turning right at 2900rpm's at 70mph. once you get this done you need to get a speed cal and an aluminum driveshaft.

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
i'm turning right at 2900rpm's at 70mph. once you get this done you need to get a speed cal and an aluminum driveshaft.

yup agree on both...the speedo gear will work with the 4.30s its a 23 tooth gear for them...i would prefer it over a speed cal just because of the price difference...but i just did mine and if you drive on the interstate an aluminum drive shaft should def go in with it

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i thought they only made a tooth gear for up to 4.10 gears. i'm probably wrong like usual.

96SN8K

Established Member
thanks for all the info.
I also wanted to get exhaust i was looking into slp loudmouth II catback and slp x-pipe. I want the car to be loud but not too loud

mystical

Established Member
Vibration. I had 4.10's and at the strip on 3rd and 4th gear the car vibrated like it was going to fall apart! I added the Aluminum DS and it's 100 times better. Hope that helps.:banana:

Al

Perhaps the installer didn't index the driveshaft:shrug:

I've got 4.56's with the stock shaft and don't have any vibration whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread