What Kind Of Manifold To Use

sprchgdtacoma

SnakeE8tor
Established Member
I have a 91 5.0 GT and I am looking to get a new manifold and cam and I heard jeggs was the best what do you all think would be the best with my set-up I have a filter charger,bassani X-pipe,flowmasters, BBK headers,3.73 gears,K&N Stage 2 shift kit Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!!!:beer:

blinelaxd27

Established Member
if you don't have plans for heads in the future i would go with a gt40 or cobra intake and a crane cam or maybe an B or E cam... you can get all that really cheap used on the corral.net

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Watch out, the welds on the intake manifold will break causing your floor pan to fall off...just make sure that you keep an eye on your laptop in your car! DANgER to TeH ManIfo1d!!

-Mike

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Sonik Blur said:
Watch out, the welds on the intake manifold will break causing your floor pan to fall off...just make sure that you keep an eye on your laptop in your car! DANgER to TeH ManIfo1d!!

-Mike

:rockon:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Sonik Blur said:

-Mike

I never did understand that part...:lol:

The new BBK SSI manifold is nice. I'd probably go TrickFlow though.

sprchgdtacoma

SnakeE8tor
Established Member
So jegs or even trickflow wouldnt work that well with the set-up. I should get a gt40 or cobra intake? What size of cam would work good with out going to big so i will have to change my springs?

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
The cobra is one of the best intakes for a stock head and cam car imo. I don't think they perform as well as your bigger TFS intakes or the eddys though with bigger heads. Besides the cobra intake, the street heat TFS and the eddy performer (non rpm) is some good alternates to the cobra.

sprchgdtacoma

SnakeE8tor
Established Member
sprchgdtacoma said:
Ok cool!!!! thanks for help
OK update In the mean time I had my bro port and polish the throttle body and damn what a diff cant wait to get the new manifold and then possible a cam I havent decided on what size to get yet? any suggestions:shrug:

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
The Cobra intake and E-cam is a solid combo. Good idle and power above 2500RPM, and it pulls all the way til redline.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
GT40, Cobra cast and Explorer intakes are all virtually the same. The latter two are abundant and cheap/readily available and work well even if you decide to add heads/cam/blower later on.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
sprchgdtacoma said:
I have a 91 5.0 GT and I am looking to get a new manifold and cam and I heard jeggs was the best what do you all think would be the best with my set-up I have a filter charger,bassani X-pipe,flowmasters, BBK headers,3.73 gears,K&N Stage 2 shift kit Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!!!:beer:

MOVED!:wf: :bash: :wf:

Users who are viewing this thread