What kind of dog?

04 Redline

Established Member
I have a 2 bedroom condo, and I want a little dog. I have leather couches, and lots of mahogoney furniture, so I don't want a little rugrat who will chew everything up. I was looking into maybe a Pug or a Taco Bell dog. Any idea on well mannered dogs that will suit this environment? I've looked online for traits and behaviors, but I was just checking too see if you guys have this same situation.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I've got a pug. He's badass, in a really wussy meatball sort of way. He's laying on my lap right now. They have a great temperament and don't require much exercise. However, they shed alot, and if you overfeed em or let em sit around all day, they'll turn into a giant ball of fat.

Chillin under the couch.

Brutus1.jpg

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I have a minature schnauzer and he doesnt chew on anything but his toys. They dont shed at all and are very playful. He can bark alot sometimes but its because we live in the country and he's not around that many people.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
04 Redline said:
That is exactly the kind of dog I want! Do they fart a lot? What type of special care do they need?

He does fart alot, but luckily it almost never smells. Even the biggest fat pugs only get to ~30 pounds (most are 15-25, mine is around 23), so it's not like they take huge shits.

Only special care they need is an occassional cleaning of the folds above and around their shnoz, which can get infected if you let em sneeze all the time and never clean it. You can't leave em in the extreme heat either, basically at all. The have no snout to cool air as it comes in through their nose, so they overheat quickly. That said, my retard will run around inside the house like a maniac for 30 minutes before he splays out on the tiles to maximize his cooling.

You gotta watch out for their googly eyes too. Flat heads + googly eyeballs = magnet for pokes.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Pomeranians shed a lot. We used to have one when I was a kid. Nice dogs but fur everywhere.

I'd recommend a toy poodle. No shedding, well mannered, and I love him to death.

DSCF0098.jpg

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
DBK said:
He does fart alot, but luckily it almost never smells. Even the biggest fat pugs only get to ~30 pounds (most are 15-25, mine is around 23), so it's not like they take huge shits.

Only special care they need is an occassional cleaning of the folds above and around their shnoz, which can get infected if you let em sneeze all the time and never clean it. You can't leave em in the extreme heat either, basically at all. The have no snout to cool air as it comes in through their nose, so they overheat quickly. That said, my retard will run around inside the house like a maniac for 30 minutes before he splays out on the tiles to maximize his cooling.

You gotta watch out for their googly eyes too. Flat heads + googly eyeballs = magnet for pokes.

LOL, did anyone else find this hilarious????

With that said, Pugs are awesome. Girl I know has one, and its so fun to mess with. They're extremely playful and fun to mess around with. Great dogs!

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I've got a pug also. He's a biggin' though, 29 pounder. No one in my family wanted a dog, but now that we have him the whole family absolutley loves him. Coolest dogs ever.

My dog doesn't fart much though

SynMan5.0

Established Member
We've got two miniature dachshunds. Great little dogs and very entertaining. They're pretty easy to take care of, but tough to potty train. They sometimes bark alot, but I think it's just an inferiority complex. If you get a short hair one, they don't shed and ours don't fart very often. Dachshunds are definitely lap dogs, though. They won't leave me alone when I'm home.

PHiL2

596whp/553wtq @6 psi
Established Member
DBK said:
I've got a pug. He's badass, in a really wussy meatball sort of way. He's laying on my lap right now. They have a great temperament and don't require much exercise. However, they shed alot, and if you overfeed em or let em sit around all day, they'll turn into a giant ball of fat.

Chillin under the couch.

Brutus1.jpg

Mine is 8 yrs old now...
LEXI%20006.jpg

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
I second the Toy Poodle comment. Extremely smart, very mild mannered, they train easy,no shedding, no up keep besides grooming once every month and they just love everyone to death. They weigh about 3-5 pounds, Perfect inside dog IMO

Excuse the English Bulldog pictured, he's my "fat-dog" biggest pain in the a$$ ever! Avoid at all cost ! ! ! !
MVC_001F_001.sized.jpg

MVC_024F_003.sized.jpg

MVC_008F_001.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Disintegr8or

Established Member
DBK said:
.........You gotta watch out for their googly eyes too. Flat heads + googly eyeballs = magnet for pokes.
That is the funniest thing I have ever read. :lol:

Great Danes make good lap dogs too.

118233383.jpg

Last edited:

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
Is it just me or is there alot of people in this thread concerned about a fartin dog? Trust me guys you don't want me hangin round your house then. :dw: I can just about rip a 2stroke dirt bike soundin ripper on command. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread