What is your riding gear?

blueovalfan

Established Member
It’s been about ten years since I sold my Kawasaki sport bike, never thought I’d want another bike. My brother rode his 2012 CVO ultra classic up for our Easter get together and convinced me to take it for a ride.

What I planned to just be a trip around the block turned into about 10 miles of me understanding the appeal cruiser bike appeal. Fast forward a week and I bought an 07 ultra classic. I don’t want to be a squid this time around so what is your must have riding gear?

I’m looking at summer riding jackets, debating half helmets vs full face, coms systems and other accessories. What’s your thoughts guys?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JpL4K3

Established Member
I’m a brand new rider, and went with Alpinestar GP Plus R V3 leather jacket. Even in this Florida heat I wanted the extra protection leather would provide given that I’m a first time rider. Picked up a pair of Alpinestar gloves with the carbon fiber knuckle protection.

Boots I went with Alpinestar SMX-1R’s

For helmet I went with the Shoei RF 1400

Bike is a 2020 R6. So far everything I’ve purchased feels high quality which is why I’ve stuck with the Alpinestar brand.

C75D123D-AE3E-4AC2-A9FC-8F3108C20134.jpeg

Last edited:

Carbide

Established Member
I used to be a textile jacket guy.
Then 10 years ago when I started track riding in full leathers I figured I better start riding street in leathers.
Good thing too. In 2015 I had a deer head butt me at 4am @ 70 mph.
The way I tumbled down the highway, and seeing how scuffed up my leather jacket, leather gloves, leather boots and helmet were, I was so grateful for my decision.
Several broken bones but zero rash.
My mom was walking around the hospital with all the gear I was wearing, showing it off with pride.

This happened after I had over 36 years of riding over 300,000 miles without an accident. So you just never know when you will need all that gear.
Not gonna preach anymore than that.
Just make sure you make the right decision for yourself.

Saleen498

Established Member
Shoei neotec 2 for a helmet with the added on bluetooth. Steel toed oxfords, Levi's and a basic leather jacket. Bike is a 15 nightrod. Havent gone down yet, hopefully I'm not jinxing myself. Highly recommend the helmet tho. Super quiet and comfortable.

and 马云没有自杀

blueovalfan

Established Member
I used to be a textile jacket guy.
Then 10 years ago when I started track riding in full leathers I figured I better start riding street in leathers.
Good thing too. In 2015 I had a deer head butt me at 4am @ 70 mph.
The way I tumbled down the highway, and seeing how scuffed up my leather jacket, leather gloves, leather boots and helmet were, I was so grateful for my decision.
Several broken bones but zero rash.
My mom was walking around the hospital with all the gear I was wearing, showing it off with pride.

This happened after I had over 36 years of riding over 300,000 miles without an accident. So you just never know when you will need all that gear.
Not gonna preach anymore than that.
Just make sure you make the right decision for yourself.

I’m really considering a full face helmet but man I love feeling the wind hit me so I’m leaning towards the half

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Arai full face helmet, Held gloves, Teknic boots, assorted leather pants and jackets both perf and non-perf. Assorted textile pants and jackets both mesh and non-mesh, depending on the ride. Also one piece perf leathers for track day service.

ATGATT - all the gear all the time

I'd rather wipe off sweat than blood.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I have an Ultra Limited and I ride local with speeds rarely above 50mph and 90% of the time in the 25-30 mph range. I wear boots, jeans and a comfortable shirt. I have a 5/8 helmet and riding glasses. When I had my Triumph Speed Triple and rode in suburban areas I wore an armored jacket and full faced helmet, I forget the brand.

Users who are viewing this thread