What is your opinion of the 05 Corvette??

The 2005 corvette, whats your opinion?

• I think it's one of the nicest sports cars today.

Votes: 89 66.4%
  • They should have stuck with the pop up headlights.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • It isn't ford, so its a POS.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Good sports car, but overpriced.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • Its ok.

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters

z28WHAT

Got that Azzz sooo LOOOWW
Established Member
Northern Region of North Carolina...2005 NCAA NATI
Yesterday, I had to run up to the Gm place and get some parts for my truck and was looking at the 05 corvette. $55,000 for the basemodel one C-5"I think". I think its one of the best looking sports cars out today, sleek aerodynamical designs, plus they are pretty damn fast. I ran one in my stang and of course that didn't hold up to well. I Love how they finally got rid of the pop up head lights, although I myself think they copied the Ferrari 360 Modena front end, either way still looks good. Whats the RWHP of the new vettes, I heard they were coming out iwth a Blue devil version Z-06 around 07 that is supposedly going to have 550+horsepower. What's other stangs guys views on it?

P.s- If this is some kind of repost, sorry, I donit sit on these boards everyday.

Blake

z28WHAT

Established Member
427' Cobra said:
well it's a c6 vette the new ones r and i do have respect for them

I was thinking it was C-6, but for some reason the dealership had C-5 written all over it, which I didnt understand. They are the worse dealership on earth, tried to sell a 99 GT with 63k miles 5-speed decent condition THIS YEAR For 17,000....Sad thing, is someone actually bought it..

blake

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
As others have already mentioned an 05 Vette is a C6. Additionally a base model C6 coupe is only $44K.

Other than that it is an awesome car. Great ride and quick too.

DCAN87

Established Member
I love the vettes. Whats not to love about them. They have optional navigation. and 6 speed manual, t tops, nice seats, its an all around great car! I'm getting a vette next year. :)

MD GT

Established Member
A z51 equipped C6 will give an 03/04 z06 a run for its money. As FordSVTFan stated, a base model c6 will run about 43-44K, add the z51 (a $1,500 option) and you can pull close to 1.0 G on the skidpad and run mid to low 12s in the quarter. I think its a bargain for such a car that does well in almost every aspect. I had the pleasure of test driving one and found the ride to be more supple than my mustang, while handling far better.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I love to outrun them every chance I get. It is the prettiest car to lose to me so far.

Supernova

Established Member
It's a nice car, though I'm not too keen on the look of the C6 yet. For the money it still needs a little better look to the interior. The steering wheel looks like it's straight off a Malibu :rollseyes :xpl: and the overall design and materials don't belong in a near $50,000 car.

1hotSaleen said:
I was thinking it was C-6, but for some reason the dealership had C-5 written all over it, which I didnt understand. They are the worse dealership on earth, tried to sell a 99 GT with 63k miles 5-speed decent condition THIS YEAR For 17,000....Sad thing, is someone actually bought it..

blake
If it was an Anniversary Edition GT, and it was in perfect condition, that is average to high retail for that car with that milage, check it out on NADA.com. A year and a half ago i was offered $18,000 for my then stock 35th by some guy who collects mustangs, but i wasnt ready to sell it. if it was just a regular GT, than that is WAY overpriced!

Last edited:

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
I picked one up last month. I had a 03 Cobra Vert then an 04 C5 Coupe before I got the C6. There is NO comparision. I took my c6 to the track here with 138 miles on the odometer and I ran the same time I did in 03 Cobra. (13.4 @ 107 mph), but thats on this shitty Hawaii track in the August heat. The handling is downright superb. I decided to go with an auto instead of a stick because traffic around here sucks, and the auto isn't that much slower than a stick (0-60 in 4.5 instead of 4.2). But the Navigation system, clear top, the refinement over teh C6, storage space and the great fuel economy make it a fantastic car. I decided to get the electronic adjustable suspension instead of the Z51. you can choose between the car driving like a cadillac to a race car by switching a lever. I've personally taken 0.94 G lateral turns in the car (it comes with a G -meter) and the handling you have heard about is absolutely true. If you want to know more about the C6, feel free to PM me. I'll tell you all about it.

paul

Last edited:

stangdude

Established Member
you know, im not a big 'vette fan, so i dont really care for the any of the new ones (i say "new ones" b/c i really like the older ones all the way up to '68!) :beer: i want a '63 Split Window :thumbsup:

i'd rather get a 'stang over a 'vette almost any day though...they're cheaper and more worth the price if you ask me. you can buy a Mustang and mod it up and make it easily run with Corvettes without spending much more than actually buying one (a Corvette.) can't really explain it though, i just like Mustangs more than Corvettes...half the reason might be b/c i might be just a bit biased! ;-)

they're ok.

z28WHAT

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
If it was an Anniversary Edition GT, and it was in perfect condition, that is average to high retail for that car with that milage, check it out on NADA.com. A year and a half ago i was offered $18,000 for my then stock 35th by some guy who collects mustangs, but i wasnt ready to sell it. if it was just a regular GT, than that is WAY overpriced!

It was a standard GT, even though the anniversary editions or limited editions mustangs have a slight incline in overall value, its normally hard to pull as much as their worth, especially if your selling it privately. Only mustangs that truely hold value are Cobra, Saleen and Roush etc. I have the basemodel Saleen and its worth decently, its so low to the ground that the front bumper has a couple of dings etc, but still worth nada value if not more. But a lot of basemodel saleen owners try to sell their damn cars for as much as a supercharged Saleen etc, They are intent on their prices too they wont budge at all. I love my car and I have always been a fan of saleen mustngs but pretty much they are still an overpriced GT. Its still funny though, people that see my car think it has like 500HP..lol..More like 310MAYBE :rollseyes

jguerrero

Established Member
Picked up one about a month ago, awesome car. Coming from an 03 Cobra coupe.

Just installed my full B&B bullet exhaust and intake. The thing sounds mean as hell now. Cant wait till the cam and tune goes on too :-D More than recomend one for anybody who can swing a 2-seater.

03CobraBro

Established Member
It's growing on me. I dont know if I'd say its one of the best (probably in the running though between japaneese and american manufacturers for the best) but I'd own one if the price was right.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Sorry, but taking the pop up headlights off a corvette is like ripping the running horse off of a mustang.

I personally think the C-5 is a much cleaner looking car.

Users who are viewing this thread