What is your coolant temperature with Paxton/Vortech supercharger ?

RusWolf

Established Member
Hey guys,

I fixed my coolant leak, started the car. Let it idle for 15 minutes everything was good. But then noticed another leak from somewhere as it started dripping after i revved the car few times.

Is anyone experiencing leaks with Paxton/Vortech systems ?

That one radiator hose that needs to be cut in like 3 different places and goes under the blower and to the radiator on the top was leaking, i took it off, re-clamped everything and put it back on. Was good but like i mentioned started slowly dripping from somewhere!

As i was driving my coolant temps according to my aeroforce gauge was around 212 degrees. Is that normal or a little high ?

Is anyone experience coolant leaks with the system ?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey guys,

I fixed my coolant leak, started the car. Let it idle for 15 minutes everything was good. But then noticed another leak from somewhere as it started dripping after i revved the car few times.

Is anyone experiencing leaks with Paxton/Vortech systems ?

That one radiator hose that needs to be cut in like 3 different places and goes under the blower and to the radiator on the top was leaking, i took it off, re-clamped everything and put it back on. Was good but like i mentioned started slowly dripping from somewhere!

As i was driving my coolant temps according to my aeroforce gauge was around 212 degrees. Is that normal or a little high ?

Is anyone experience coolant leaks with the system ?

you're having a hell-ova lot of problems with that paxton system you have. Did you bleed the coolant system? Take the cap off the coolant tank and let the car idle for a little and slowly rev the car to about 2k rpms and hold it there with the heat(In the car) on. That's what i did when i had to bleed the coolant system in my 04 mustang and all was well. My car had many leaks in the coolant system and that fixed it.

With my 2012 all i did was have to fill the coolant back up and check it to make sure it was filled. No leaks with the procharger setup.

RusWolf

Established Member
Well technically this is only 2nd issues.
First the stock fan not fitting, but after some additional modification and improvisation everything fits.

Coolant leak is pretty much the only issues i can't seeM to fix.

How can bleeding the system fix a leak ? I don't get it..

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
Yes i have bled the system.
It' leaking from the upper radiator hose that needed to be cut in like 3 different places.

I decided to take the car to a professional shop for them to fix the leak and look over the work i have done to make sure all is good.

I have 1 vortech/paxton top tier installer located about 60-70 miles from me.
i am going to sign up for AAA and have them tow the car to the shop next week.
It's very frustrating but it's all right i guess i'll spend that $100-$200 for that to be diagnosed and properly fixed once and for all to avoid the headache. I want the car to be reliable daily driver and not a reliable daily headache !

Users who are viewing this thread